Camera backpack advice......

I have a Targus laptop backpack bag similar to this one which does a pretty good job. It'll hold a bunch of stuff. Like other posters have mentioned, you have to decide what you're trying to accomplish--mainly toting or mainly shooting. I wouldn't try to shoot a wedding out of this bag, but it's great when I'm shooting and need to bring along the laptop for transmitting images from the field.
I've got a post on my photo blog about camera gear to take backpacking
you might want to check it out.

Andrew Boyd
TheDiscerningPhotographer

I agree here with an earlier post which said that backpacks are great for transporting gear but not that good for working out of. When you know you have to walk for ten miles to reach a location take the backpack, but if you are going to be working in one location and constantly dipping in and out the bag then use a more traditional one.

I have an old Tenba (still like new) plus a CCS that are both good location bags but 95% of the time I will take my Kata backpack and try to be organised so that I rarely need to work access the bag while on location. The Kata R-103 is my favourite overall bag and it would take your laptop plus the other equipment you mention. Very importantly it is also small enough to use as a carry on for international flights.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back