camera bag or wheel barrel??

SCWIDVICIOUS

Where did I put that camera?
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How do you all lug your stuff around?
How much of it do you carry with you?
Do you always keep your camera with you?
Do you anticipate the lenses and things you need, or carry it all?
Do you keep a camera around your neck? How often?

What kind of bag, box or case do you carry?
How many of them do you have?

I am referring to your methods of lugging your camera stuff. Please tell me/us a bit about your methods if you dont mind.

Thank you!

I use a Lowepro backpack that will carry 2 bodies with lenses on, 7 additional lenses, and 2 flash units, plus miscellaneous stuff.

I pretty much keep it with me all the time.

I use "Crooked Horn Bino-System" shoulder straps for camera straps on my bodies.

I keep my tripod and head strapped under the backpack.

At home I have a small case to keep bodies, lenses, filters, flashes and whatnots that I'm not using.

In my Lowepro MiniTrekker AW right now is the following (believe it or not)

Canon 20D + Grip & 2 spare batteries
attached Canon 24-105f4L IS
Canon 10-22 f3.5-4.5
Canon 100 f2.8 macro
Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS
Canon 300f4L IS with 1.4x converter attached
Canon 50mm f1.4
Canon 85mm f1.8
Fong Lightsphere
Sekonic L-358
Epson P-2000 & charger
Canon CP-300 printer, battery, charger and paper
Sigma EF500DG Super
Canon 580EX plus a load of spare batteries
Spare USB cable

I could still fit more :)

All of this goes out when I'm shooting a wedding. I sometimes have a helper with strong arms - this is bloody heavy ;)

I have a Lowepro Mico Trekker 200 and since I don't have the largest collections of gear, everything fits in it with room to spare. Being on the small side, I pretty much take it just about everywhere I go. Never know when having a camera might come in handy.

lol.. eos jd, that is quite a selection. im gona have to google these wheel barrels you all carry..lol

my little 19 dollar wal-mart samsonite barely fits my digital rebel xti, and the crap that came in the box with the camera. it has a little room left, but when i get my new lenses, im gona have to upgrade. Thats why I asked this question.

I use a metal equpiment case which often doesn't leave the car. And if I need to go trekking I move the equipment i need to a backpack.

It all depends on the intended subject(s), doesn't it?

For instance, for simple 'street' photography, a camera kept around the neck at the ready is a full 'kit'.

For serious landscape or architectural work, gear can go all the way up to 4X5, loaded film holders, large tripod, etc.

It all depends.

i know there are variables to the question, i simply meant on average.

I also use a Lowpro Nova5 which holds a lot of equipment too. Not so much as the back pack but good for when a top loader is really needed.

thanks for the info :)

I keep the my camera equpment in a camera bag, and put the camera bag in y backpack. For the backpack I bought one of those laptop bags at wal-mart. This way while I am out takeing pictures I can easly load them onto the laptop, and or upload them for printing on my way home. I carrymy tripod with what ever hand is free.
Wes

I have only had my equipment a few weeks, but I am having a blast, and I think I have it situated and organized well for now.

I have a Pelican 1450 case with padded dividers.
IMG_4761.sized.jpg

I will probably replace the Sony HC90 with a Telephoto lens later.
Thats ok though, it has its own Pelican case ;)

I have not really had a chance to go out much, but I plan to use a Campco Safari Vest that I have to carry a spare lens, etc.
I may look into a small backpack some day also.

~John

Questions, Questions, Questions... Where do I go, what do I do? :lol:

I have a Canon bag that holds a 10D body with a lens on it, filters, two more lenses, (one is a 70-200 IS USM, a big honker), 1.4 extender, charger, grip, spare batteries, extra memory, card readers, it even has room for a laptop. Basically what I'll need to be away from the office, shooting and able to do some reviewing, and ftp photos to editors.

I generally don't carry the bag with me, except for transportation to and from the site. Then I take what I need and store the rest inside, or wherever is most protected. I can take a camera with a lens and another lens, plus the tele-extender in my vest. So that's an easy way of planning, from the main supply.

Do I carry a camera with me all the time? Yes, but a cheapie that's very nice, just in case. $100 A400 3.2 mp, that I got on sale. I just don't want to drive around my good cameras and risk losing one. Yes I live in a larger city, so it's different.

I'm looking at a camera holster for travel and hiking excursions. Problem is, do I want to hang a big weight on my belt or just hang it over my shoulder in a smaller bag. I'll find out this Summer. You can assume that means I also carry a smaller bag, which I load with what I need, and unload back into the main bag, when I'm done. Small bag also carries the Hi-8 video camera.

Once again, I have a nice vest and it holds tons of stuff in all the pockets. Sometimes, too much. I have carabiner rings and clip a monopod on my belt, also can clip the extender on the other side, in a soft bag. The more I can hang or put in pockets, the happier I am.

Always in the car. A couple of tripods, rain gear, gloves, dry socks...

Here's something beyond the obvious, which is the above.

I've taken a coaster wagon to sporting events I was shooting, with all my "stuff". (folding chair, tripod and umbrella) Inside the wagon I have a larger cooler, with towels and all the gear. If it starts raining, I have a waterproof camera case. :wink: I've used a smaller cooler when I was out on boats. Same deal. It's waterproof and serves the purpose. A cooler will also keep your camera out of direct Sunlight and protect it. The towel is not just for padding, it's moisture protection.

Transportation so I don't have to lug around everything. I realize the use is limited and some places you just couldn't do this, but when you can, it's nice.

If you have a cooler with a shoulder strap, it's even better. But keep in mind that any cooler, that seals, can double as a waterproof camera equipment case.

How do you all lug your stuff around?

Depending on how much stuff [small to large]:

Lowe Pro slip lock small bag/pouch
Lowe Pro Sling bag 200AW
"The Gap" clothing store messenger bag with Domke insert.
Lowe Pro Stealth Reporter 400AW

How much of it do you carry with you?

My friends and family would say a lot. My photog friends would say not enough. I would say just enough (most of the time).

I have "kits" in mind that are packed depending on what I anticipate. Ranging from a canon G5 only (smallest), to rangefinders, to MF, to DSLR/FILM SLR with 2 zooms, to DSLR/FILM SLR with 4 primes.

Do you always keep your camera with you?

Always... 1st advice any photographer will give out.

Do you anticipate the lenses and things you need, or carry it all?

I never carry it all... can't.. it would take boxes. I've over packed a few times... it usually ends up taking away from the whole experience. You start to focus on how heavy your bag feels and the equipment rather than the photography,

Do you keep a camera around your neck? How often?

Rarely keep the camera around my neck. It stays on my shoulder or in my bag ready for a quick grab. Most of the time... its in my hand at my side.

What kind of bag, box or case do you carry?
How many of them do you have?

Answered up there.... During extended trips (especially by plane), I'll pack everything into a pelican 1510 equipped with a padlock and cable. There is no other way to secure equipment while in transit (any soft bag can be cut into).

Tamrac pro 12 - 2 bodies ( motor driven ) few lenses, flash, light meter, stuff.
Tamrac pro 8 - 2 bodies, few lenses, stuff.
Tamrac expedition 3 - 1 body with 50mm, 70 - 210mm, stuff. I keep this one in the car all the time. Monopod and sleezy tripod in the car all the time. All bodies are film, the car camera is a Canon F-1 ( very tough ) others are Nikon's.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back