Camera choice D810 or D850

I have a high mileage D810 that I have been thinking about selling (and a D4) since I pretty much always shoot with my D500 anyways. If you want a bargain shoot me a PM..
How high mileage?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
I have to check, think it's around 130k on the shutter. Geniune Nikon grip, extra batteries and 128GB CF card, 3rd party en-el18 for 7 FPS.. It's in good condition though..

130k? She’s hardly broken in. Should have a lot of life left in it.

How much you asking?

I'd like to get $1300 net so it's probably about 1375 with PayPal fees and shipping depending on your location .I have the original boxes for camera and grip too.. If you are interested, PM me and I will get some pics to you. You can search my Flickr stream for "D810" if you want to see any images I have created with it..

Let me see how much I can get for my D750 and Gopro Hero 6 on eBay.

I had a D810 for four years (sold it to my GF). The D850 is a whole new beastie.
Don't forget to budget for XQD cards.
It's like comparing a Porsche 911 vs a Porsche Cayman.

The 850 is a do it all camera. The large file size can be mitigated if you use the built in and visible in the view finder crops to square or 4x5. Those capture respectvely 30 and 36 mp, no more than an 810. I am a portrait guy and less than 20% are 3:2, primarily environmental portraits. It has 9 fps with battery pack for action and wildlife. The dynamic range is stellar, as good as or better than the 810 with 10 more mp. Resolution is incredible. You have tons of mp to crop or shoot in DX mode which is about 21 mp similar to the d500 at 24. The 850 has a 64 optomized iso. Nice if shooting out doors. Now I need nearly 2 stops less nd filter. Have heard complaints it weighs alot. Most americans can stand to lose some weight. What did Tony soprano say to Pussy, you ought to think about eating a few more salads. Lose 1.5 lbs.

It reads like you really want a D850 but are willing to settle for a used 810. I think you won't be satisfied until you get a new D850.

It reads like you really want a D850 but are willing to settle for a used 810. I think you won't be satisfied until you get a new D850.

I have the D810 and love it, but I bought it as a compromise because I didn’t wanna spend $3300 for a D850.

I still want a D850. But now I’m waiting to choose between a D850 and a Z7.

Base ISO and DR are the same between the D810 and D850. One needs a critical look at whether the bump in MP will help or hinder post processing along with the other features of the D850, you may or may not actually need them, it may be just a want.

I have the D810 and love it, but I bought it as a compromise because I didn’t wanna spend $3300 for a D850.

I still want a D850. But now I’m waiting to choose between a D850 and a Z7.
I know, the Z7 sure looks interesting. It all depends on how well the F mount adapter works.

I know, the Z7 sure looks interesting. It all depends on how well the F mount adapter works.

The FTZ adapter will function as if the lens is mounted directly to the camera, AF-S, aperture etc. including in body stabilization with virtually all G and newer E lenses. D lenses use a mechanical screw drive for AF so one would have to manually focus. Owners of the 105mm f1.4 who complained about lack of VR will now have that feature. As far as a Mirrorless solution for those endentured in Nikkor glass, the new Z bodies are ideal.

I have a Sony A6000 that I use for travel so I sort of know what to expect from the Nikon Z series. I'm gonna wait and see how it all shakes down. Nikon has had their problems with new models in the past (D600 quickly replaced by the D610). I'm looking forward to all the comments about these cameras people will write on this forum.

There is no doubt that Nikon has had issues with certain cameras. QC should have been better, but, Nikon has also fixed the issues for free. I had a D600 that didn't have any shutter oil problems, but Nikon replaced it anyway. I had a D750 that had complete failure to the shutter. Nikon also replaced that and the sensor for free.

That being said, the Sony 7II had overheating issues, did Sony put out a recall on those? Not last I checked. There are "better" lenses coming out of Sony. Nikon has a wealth of great glass from decades of manufacturing.

The bottom line is if you're heavily vested in Nikon, Canon, or Sony chances are you'll stay there. All 3 have good products...and bad ones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back