Camera Slider: 2 Lightweight Tripods or 1 Heavy Weight Tripod

Which is better to hold a camera slider used in B Rolls and video production?

• 2 light weight tripods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 heavy weight tripod

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

oztalkshw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do a lot of B-rolls (I know this is photography, but equipment is essentially the same), and I have a question: would it be better to order two lightweight tripods (this one) OR (this one) or should I use my already purchased heavier tripod + 360 ball for a 48" camera slider? I'm trying to rid as much play and wobbling as possible when I B-roll. Which will get me better results?

Thanks all.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Both of those tripods are CPOS tripods that won't be very stable nor very durable.
Increase your tripod & ball head budget by a factor of at least 15. Increasing your budget by 30x would be better.

Both of those tripods are CPOS tripods that won't be very stable nor very durable.
Increase your tripod & ball head budget by a factor of at least 15. Increasing your budget by 30x would be better.
Thanks for the quick reply. So a single, heavy weight tripod+ 360 degree ball head would be better for now? I'll eventually buy another in the future.

I do a lot of timelapse using a 5ft slider, and I would much rather use two small tripods rather than one big one in the middle. In fact, I frequently use two small vanguard carbon fiber travel tripods when I'm hiking with my slider and it's very stable.

I hope they ship those in plain brown wrapper so that no one knows whose bought them! As Keith indicated they are of a quality that gives honest junk a bad name! Two tripods are always going to be better than one for that sort of work, but the examples you've linked to aren't, IMO, good for anything. Check your local on-line used bulletin boards such as Craig's List; I often find Manfrotto 190 legs and similar for <$100/set.

Ball heads and video just don't mix. I use a 36'' slider with a single heavy duty video tripod (2 axis). 48" might be pushing it for a single tripod.

Most reactions

Back