Can Photoshop elements 4 be sold...

bytch_mynickname

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
after being installed and registered? I bought PSE4 and installed and registered it but now I want to upgrade to CS2. I just got PSE4 recently and I don't want to lose my money on it along with the books I bought to learn it. Can I sell it and the person who buys it install in and register it? Or am I screwed out of my money? Thanks

i'm not sure if you can resell, although i have seen second hand versions off PS and PSE on ebay for sale in the past.

Your books will not be a waste of money as most of the instructions in them will be applicable to PS aswell

JohnMF said:
i'm not sure if you can resell, although i have seen second hand versions off PS and PSE on ebay for sale in the past.

Your books will not be a waste of money as most of the instructions in them will be applicable to PS aswell

Well the one book is Hidden Power of PSE4 by Richard Lynch which includes a CD of hidden tools, don't think that will be of any use in CS2 as it is supposedly work arounds for people who don't have full blown photoshop.

The other is the PSE4 book for digital photographer by Scott Kelby. I ordered the CS2 book from Kelby and it should be here soon, so I don't really need either book. I would like to sell both books and PSE4 as one lot and get it over with.

If you use Elements to upgrade to CS2, I believe you can't then transfer it to someone else. The same thing as with Windows. You can use your Win98 license to get the lower upgrade price for WinXP, but then you can't use that copy of Win98 on another machine.

yea selling to a stranger would be tricky...... but if you sold it to someone you know its possible..... all you have to do is get them to install it on thier comp.... call adobe and tell them your installing on a new machine...... and they should activate it for you..... then you wipe it from yours.

markc said:
If you use Elements to upgrade to CS2, I believe you can't then transfer it to someone else. The same thing as with Windows. You can use your Win98 license to get the lower upgrade price for WinXP, but then you can't use that copy of Win98 on another machine.

As it looks right now, I won't be using it for an upgrade, I will be getting CS2 through my university.
I emailed Adobe and asked them my question, still waiting on an answer from them. I would really like to sell it online as I don't know anyone that would be interested in buying it. I will let you guys know what Adobe says for future reference.

Most reactions

Back