Heinz Heinzelmann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys and gals,
I wanted to ask if someone can help me find the camera that was used to take the pictures of Leia on the Beach from the Rolling Stones Magazine? I know that they got taken by Aaron Rapoport, but I don't know what camera or lens he used. The colors look amazing! And yes, I mean the original images, not the digitaly processed ones.

Since I was asked to remove the pics, here is a link to the images. I hope this is okay now.
Carrie Fisher in Slave Leia Bikini Beach Photos [Rolling Stone 1983]

P.S.: If this forum is for Digital photography only please delete the post. If this post is in the wrong category please move it or delete it.

Last edited:
Today, any camera can probably take those pictures... just depends on the photographer.

Considering they were taken in 1983?, I'm assuming a fairly high-end film camera at the time? No clue. What film? No clue.

Today, any camera can probably take those pictures... just depends on the photographer.

Considering they were taken in 1983?, I'm assuming a fairly high-end film camera at the time? No clue. What film? No clue.
Yeah, I know, probably even a phone camera could take these pics, but I like old cameras :D

Call him:

Aaron Rapoport

If these were taken in 1983 and square ... I strongly suspect a medium format camera, most likely a Hasselblad.
Maybe a 500C/M? I just googled it and it says that this one is the most common

If you don't want to call him ... here's his email:

[email protected]

Yes, a 500 C/M was extremely common for commercial/studio work. The images looks like slide film, but digital enhancement could have been employed to a negative.
Oh, I completly overlooked the phone number... Couldn't call him anyways, I'm from Europe... But I'll maybe write him an E-Mail tho
Thank you anyways!

Did you try looking up back issues of Rolling Stone? I doubt the article would necessarily mention what camera was used (or anything about the photographer or the shoot for that matter) but you'd probably at least see a better quality image and see what was originally published. Contacting the photographer like Gary suggested is probably a good idea.

Does it seem like a lot of work just to find out what camera? What's the point? Why do you want to know?

Does it seem like a lot of work just to find out what camera? What's the point? Why do you want to know?
I have to agree.

I'm not a film person, but wouldn't a more pertinent question be what film was used?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back