Can you recommend a good hip bag?

cgennoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!

I plan on going backpacking soon to Japan. I'll be using a 50 litre backpack and currently I use the Lowepro slingshot 200 to carry my gear. This is proving to be not the best combination as the slingshot is cumberson to have on my chest full time.
I am thinking a hip bag would be better suited for carrying my gear when i've got a big pack on my back.

Can you recommend a solid hip bag> I appreciate it!

Colin :D

Lowepro makes a belt/pack system...I've never used it but I've seen a photographer who does and he seemed to like it.

When I was backpacking and carrying my SLR, I had a Lowepro Toploader. I thought it worked great because the camera bag rested on my chest and was quick access to the camera. I had a small on that I could only carry 1 film body with lens attached and 1 additional lens *read small zooms*. Plus the other pockets would hold canisters of film, filters and stuff. Now Lowepro also has the waist belt system but can't offer any suggestions. Size the top loader for your gear though.

One more thing was peace of mind by having the camera in front. I was at times, in some dodgy situations.

Go with Lowepro or Tamrac. They both make good products.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back