Canal Rocks, Long Exposure

hobo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is a 30 sec exposure, my first experiment with long(ish) exposures. What do you think?

CanalRocks.jpg

Please, some feedback for the new guy please??

Man...You waited longer for the exposure than the feedback...LOL :)

For some reason I can't find anything to really focus on, but having said that I realize you said it was an experimental shot. I guess what I'm trying to say is I can't personally get a reference point to tell me if the shot is a few feet wide or ten miles. As for the effect I think I see of the fog/mist rolling in it works OK but....I hope you understand what I'm trying to say! :)

PS...It reminds me of the first photo I saw by Niepce which I believe was one of the first photo's ever...So hang tight you could be onto something...

I know im impatient.

It's actually water, rather than fog or mist, the sea was real choppy.

But yes, i suppose it could do with something to give it a sense of scale.

Thanks for the reply.

Of course it's water...I should really have figured that out. That has got to be a really hard shot to get right. I would love to see more as your technique on this method evolves!

By the way...If this is the same image you have posted on your site, then something happened in the translation to this forum. The one on your site is a much better representation of the piece and I like it way better :thumbup:

to be quite honest, i like the inability to judge the distance, because you get a more vast feeling that way in what appears to be fog.

in a dense fog, you wouldn't be able to judge distance well anyway so this looks very interesting

The one on my site (which is still in the process of being built), is the same place, but more true to life. This one has had its contrast increased, and desaturated quite a bit too, to get more of an 'arty' look.

Thanks for viewing my site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back