What's new

Canon 166a Speedlite

jdh313

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 13, 2010
Messages
108
Reaction score
14
Location
New Jersey, USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found an old Canon 166a speedlite while looking around one day and was wandering if it would work on my Nikon d40.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
 
No - not properly anyway. And I wouldn't risk trying it, just in case it damages your camera which apparently some older flash units can do.
 
Canon on a Nikon? I would say no, Canon on a Canon, maybe, but I am sure you could do a quick Google search to get your answer.
 
i read online it could be okay with a pendax k1000, would that be similar
Nikon d40
 
would it be similar? probably as similar as a Canon, as not the same as Nikon
 
But seriously why bother anyway, it's such a small flash, the metring won't work properly, if at all, and you'd be better off with the built in popup flash.
 
Just something I found from my Uncle's film set, very curious.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom