Canon 18-55mm

60Der

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello new to photography purchased a 60D with a 18-135mm kit lens. Also purchased a little 50mm f/1.8. Saw an add on craigslist for a 18-55mm lens on craigslist for $50. Is this a good deal? would that be almost the same as the 18-135mm? Thanks.

Cesarderio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
The 18-55 is actually a cheaper made lens for the t2, t3, t3i camera bodies. If you are in it to have a little bit lighter lens to play with and you don't need the extra distance past 55mm, I say go for it. For $50 atleast you will have a back up lens if anything were to happen

P

punch

It's really not a good option. That lens is low quality.

You've already got that focal range covered anyway in the other lens.

IN my opinion it would be a bad idea.

vtf

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
The 18-55 is a kit lens for many dslrs and is plentiful in the market. Although it is a good lens it's no better in range or optical performance than the lenses you have. Save the money for a flash.

sparks017

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.christianjanderson.com
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its a good starter lens that gets you into understanding you camera, but nothing really much. Its a lens that I pull out very seldomly, and when I purchase my 35 1.4 I don't think I really pull it out at all.

bikerboygsxr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have it as I purchased the twin lens kit and it is one of my most used lenses but as someone else said u have the focal length covered.

Buckster

In memoriam
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
As others stated, you've already got that focal range covered, so I wouldn't bother with it if I were you.

Most reactions

New Topics