canon 430ex ii wireless firing

BLD_007

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do i need another speedlite on my camera in order to use my 430ex ii in slave more or can my 1d mkIV fire the flash?

Thanks!

Do i need another speedlite on my camera in order to use my 430ex ii in slave more or can my 1d mkIV fire the flash?

Thanks!

Possibly. Either a Speedlight that can act as master, the Canon master module, or a Pocket Wizard that can send TTL signals.

The camera itself cannon trigger your flash in slave mode. The only Canon bodies that can do that, are the 7D and the 60D, via the built-in flash. The 1D cameras don't even have flashes.

As mentioned, you can use a 580EX or the ST-E2 (speedlite transmitter) as a master, to trigger your slave. Or you can use the TT pocket wizards.

Another option is to just use a basic radio trigger. Anything from the cheap Cactus ones to the expensive Pocket Wizards ones. You won't have TTL metering, but you will have simple, effective flash triggering.

I keep a 580 on camera as master; then slave a 580 and up to 2 430's. Don't forget that you can change the ratios master 1 : slave 2 / master 4 : slave 1 / etcetera

Most reactions

Back