Canon 5D mark III will be announced on February 28

They are updating 35L? wth? Update of 24-70 better have IS on it or they are wasting their time!

You're treading on thin ice here posting about a rumor. I've tried several times, and they send out the cavalry against me for it. That's sweet news, but still. Watch your post, and welcome to the forum!

@Schwettylens, Tamron just released a 24-70 with VR and USD, and TONS of two-letter-named glasses, with an circular diaphragm up to F/5.6.
Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD full frame lens with mage stabilization announced | Nikon Rumors

Mark

EDIT: Oh, and by the way. The new Canon 24-70 does not have IS.

Last edited:
This is like the hundredth post regarding the still uncertain announcement of the 5D Mark III.

The website appears to be without merit IMSHO.

You're treading on thin ice here posting about a rumor. I've tried several times, and they send out the cavalry against me for it. That's sweet news, but still. Watch your post, and welcome to the forum!

@Schwettylens, Tamron just released a 24-70 with VR and USD, and TONS of two-letter-named glasses, with an circular diaphragm up to F/5.6.
Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD full frame lens with mage stabilization announced | Nikon Rumors

Mark

EDIT: Oh, and by the way. The new Canon 24-70 does not have IS.

+1

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Posted on the InternetZ it just has to be factual and informative, right!?

I'm sticking with Canon Rumors. The price tag on that is way to low to be true...

Canon Rumors specializes in Canon products and comments on them. The site linked/mentioned by the OP does not from what I have seen. Again, I will stick with Canon Rumors...they will be the ones to authenticate the facts after all the rumors are reported and posted. Where do you think some of these sites steal their information from? Look at the dates of the two reports...

Honestly, I'm a pacifist when it comes to the NIKON/Canon war. But, I can say that Peter from Nikonrumors does a much better job than cr from Canonrumors. I follow both, even though I shoot exclusively Nikon. I must say, Canon is doing one hell of a job with their lenses. At least as far as patents are concerned. I mean, 400/4 AND 200/5.6, following a 24 AND 28/2.8. Awesome. I'd kill for a 400/4, at a Canon price, with Nikon glass and look. Canon is really doing some great inventing with their glass, and I'm sure they will do the same with their new 5Dx.

Mark

If the 5d mark III is really 2700, I will liquidate all of my Nikon gear and move to canon.

The D800 is supposed to be $3k, with the AA filter-less one at $3300.

Traitor. :er:
Mark

Most reactions

Back