Canon 5D MKII Battery grips

Rob_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all,

I'm thinking of picking up a battery grip for my 5D MKII. Canon's is outrageous, and I don't see too many good reviews for the off brand competitors. I was wondering if any of you have been using off brand grips, or Canon grips, and what are your opinions?

I own the outrageously over-priced Canon grip. But someone on another forum told me they spoke to a sales rep at B&H who arrently are very fond of the Vello brand grip. I inspected the Vello grip seam for seam, screw for screw. I could not find a diffences OTHER than the lack of a Canon logo.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Does the Vello battery grip also have the battery information functionality? I read that some of the off brand battery grips do not have that feature.

Reviews of the Vello seem to be a mixed bag in that respect. Some report it doesn't work right, some say it does.

I bought a cheap one, the brand is 'Aputure'. I wasn't terribly impressed with it from the start (didn't seem to seal tight against the bottom of the camera) and then my camera bag too a roll down the stairs the the grip was damaged (looks like I could fix it though). But I just too it off and don't use it...

Most reactions

Back