Canon 7D VS. 5D Mark II

Before you go... I like to drive really fast on freeways and winding mountain roads mostly, but once in a while I drive slowly on Parkways. Should I get a new BMW or would the new Jetta be okay?

Oh, and by the way, I can't afford a new BMW. So, which one should I get?

This is DAMN funny!

If you know you CAN'T do something because you don't have the budget for it, WHY ARE YOU ASKING US if you should?

Are you just into wasting other people's time?

I am not wasting anyones time, It is your CHOICE to reply to a thread Nobody is forcing you....
I choose to reply because I try to be helpful. Finding out after the fact that my reply means nothing since the point is moot since the OP hasn't got the means is a waste of time.

Thank you for your input. I think I shall find a different Photo forum people aren't very friendly on here ..................
Before you go... I like to drive really fast on freeways and winding mountain roads mostly, but once in a while I drive slowly on Parkways. Should I get a new BMW or would the new Jetta be okay?

Even if it doesn't help the OP, surely you can understand that it might help others who search google for a similar question and wind up here. The OP may well take the advice on board when they are able to afford the cost, it's nice to know what you want and give you an incentive to save for it. If it's a new camera body in a bank rather than money you're less likely to dip in to the account for odds and ends.

On topic:

I'd probably go for the 7D because it gives you the extra reach and has a great AF system.

Probably can't go wrong with either of them, though.

Hi,

I have a 7D which I will be placing for sale. I love the camera but I am going into a 5d at a price that I cannot pass up. Otherwise I would stay with the 7D.
My 7D IS VIRTUALLY NEW, WITH 5 MONTHS LEFT ON THE CANON WARRANTY.
I have the box wrappers and everything that came with it, including a 3 year Mack warranty {25.00 buyer transfer fee}.
All my equipment is well taken care of!
There was an issue with an error 5 on the flash, I sent it to Canon {have all paperwork}, ther fixed, re-calibrated everything, firmware update and did a full cleaning.
Tracking the 7D sales on Ebay, the camera is selling for 1250.00-1450.00 and some of the cameras do not look too???. None have had an ext. warranty{149.00}.

I believe1425.00 is very fair.

If someone is interested and would like some pics or more information, please leave me a note.

Thanks,
William
www.perrelliphoto.com

If you know you CAN'T do something because you don't have the budget for it, WHY ARE YOU ASKING US if you should?

I am not wasting anyones time, It is your CHOICE to reply to a thread Nobody is forcing you....
I choose to reply because I try to be helpful. Finding out after the fact that my reply means nothing since the point is moot since the OP hasn't got the means is a waste of time.

Thank you for your input. I think I shall find a different Photo forum people aren't very friendly on here ..................

I would go with the Jetta then you will have more funds for photography gear

Why not get a 1Dmk2 and 70-200
5dmk1 will do it
868758937_B4qoh-M.jpg

But a 1Dmk2 does it better
868760129_iVxQX-M.jpg

I just wanted to give me 2c on this.. i thought the subject was fair. Coral is obviously toying with the idea of saving up for a 5D and wanting to know if it's worth it to him.

Buckster, your response (all of them in fact) were condescending and downright rude. What did you gain from joining in the conversation, besides a bunch of new folks thinking you're at tool? Well done on that one.

This is the first forum post i read on this forum... the subject interested me and i thought i'd see what this community had to say about it. While there were some good answers, the crap I had to sift through has left a sour taste in my mouth.

So this is my first and last post here.

I'm gonna jump in and give a vote for the 7D; AF as the reasoning more so that the burst. If you are going to be any good you will know your subjects and be able to pick when to take the shot and burst will become irrelevant. A fast, accurate AF system on the other hand...
The extra reach might save you a bit on any tele lens you need (the longer the more dramatic the difference... (compare pricing on a 300 f/4 on crop (480 f/4) versus a 500...)). If you know you need that length skip the kit; if price is an issue have a look at the f/4 versions of the 70-200. IS is likely not useful cause you'll need a fast shutter anyway. 70-200 f/4 non-IS is a great, superbly sharp lens even wide open... probably worth your consideration.

I just wanted to give me 2c on this.. i thought the subject was fair. Coral is obviously toying with the idea of saving up for a 5D and wanting to know if it's worth it to him.

Buckster, your response (all of them in fact) were condescending and downright rude. What did you gain from joining in the conversation, besides a bunch of new folks thinking you're at tool? Well done on that one.

This is the first forum post i read on this forum... the subject interested me and i thought i'd see what this community had to say about it. While there were some good answers, the crap I had to sift through has left a sour taste in my mouth.

:lol: Good bye and good riddance if you have no sense of humour

Technically, this was your second post.

And seriously, while some people are more direct and some like to sugar coat. If you have issues with varying types of responses, learn to ignore. You will have a much more pleasant time on forums in general.

And... coming here and flinging more crap on the wall with your overly dramatic "sour taste" "last post" type of post doesn't help anything at all.

Be the change you want to see.

Contrary to popular belief, the 7D actually can be used as a camera! Who'da thought that? :p

img7340m.jpg

img7334n.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back