What's new

Canon D1000 vs. D500

Flame146

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 8, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Croatia-Zagreb
Hi all, this is my first post here! :)

I have a dilemma, well.. I'm new to pro photography, and I need some suggestions about buying a new SLR camera...

Can you tell me wich is better... Canon D1000 or D500?... or maybe some other in that price range...
I know that 1000 has less mega pixels.


but the main thing I need this device for is:

- shooting some artistic photos with lots of Depth of field
- shooting good pictures for making textures (sharp and clean photos for 3d design I do)
- a device that is good when taking non flash night photos (which between those two will have less blur in the night shooting).
- and which is better for shooting HDR photos

Thank you!

- Vjeko

Kiralj3d
 
Hi all, this is my first post here! :)

I have a dilemma, well.. I'm new to pro photography, and I need some suggestions about buying a new SLR camera...

Can you tell me wich is better... Canon D1000 or D500?... or maybe some other in that price range...
I know that 1000 has less mega pixels.


but the main thing I need this device for is:

- shooting some artistic photos with lots of Depth of field
- shooting good pictures for making textures (sharp and clean photos for 3d design I do)
- a device that is good when taking non flash night photos (which between those two will have less blur in the night shooting).
- and which is better for shooting HDR photos


Thank you!

- Vjeko

Kiralj3d

1. a DSLR does not make you a pro-photographer
2. look at all camera brands. and do some research other than just noticing that one camera has more MPs than the other
3. the part i put in bold is not due to the camera. all these things you want are from nice glass, except maybe HDR
 
um, neither of those are actually cameras you can buy. the former is a discontinued point and shoot, the latter never existed

for most of your questions the lens you use matters more than megapixels.
 
um, neither of those are actually cameras you can buy. the former is a discontinued point and shoot, the latter never existed
Because Canon puts the letter at the end of the numbers 1000D and 500D in most parts of the world.

Nikon puts the letter in front of the numbers: D5000, D300s, etc.

In the USA Canon doesn't use the numbers, and the 2 cameras I think you're referring to are known as the XS and the T1i, respectively.

Mega Pixels (MP) actually are not as important to professional photograhers a some other camera features, and those other features that are important depend on the type of photography the pro does.

This requirement - "a device that is good when taking non flash night photos" requires cameras well beyond the capabilities of the two cameras you have mentioned and also requires lenses that are quite costly also.

Expect to spend several thousand dollars for gear that can accomplish tis goal.

Also Nikon cameras generally outperform Canon cameras in this making non flash night photos.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom