canon ef 50mm 1.8

I would love the Mark I 50mm 1.8 that one was metal, there are a couple on E-bay... just dont know of the quality

I bought my 50mm f/1.8 Mark I on e-bay for about the price of a new Mark II ... sure it was used, but in perfect condition and it is much more solidly built.

I would love the Mark I 50mm 1.8 that one was metal, there are a couple on E-bay... just dont know of the quality

I bought my 50mm f/1.8 Mark I on e-bay for about the price of a new Mark II ... sure it was used, but in perfect condition and it is much more solidly built.

At one point, I have both mark I and mark II and I end up sold the mark II. Optically, I do not see any different. And the old one feel heavier and the build is much better than the old one. Most important, I really do not like the plastic mount of the lens.

It's mostly because the dollar (both USD and CAD) has fallen compared the the Yen. Actually, the Yen is getting stronger. And these lenses are made in Japan (the Japanese have fantastic optics). All lenses and those damned oddly shaped batteries have gone up in price very quickly.

I agree with Mike. The 50mm f/1.4 has a better build quality (metal bracket, 'nuff said; more aperture blades too), and nicer bokeh wide-open. And it's sharper too. IMO, it's worth the extra money (I know plenty will disagree though).

Hey didnt you have a 30D before? haha looks like you sold it from your sig.

Nope. I've never owned a 30D. :lol: My 450D is my first and only camera. (Got my heart set on a 5D down the road, after I get the lenses I'm fawning over.)

damn.. i really like the old one,but i looked on ebay and they for like 200.. i think i might just save up for the 1.4 or get it for my bday

Keep looking ... the Mark I's show up for around 120

Keep looking ... the Mark I's show up for around 120

You know, I consider myself lucky. I bought my Mark I locally at a good price.

Canon 420ez flash + EOS 10s + EF 50mm F/1.8 mk1 for $95.00 (all used items but work great!)

Most reactions

Back