Canon EOS 700d lens suggestions

Sounderya

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, I am a beginner and I have a canon EOS 700d. I already own an 18-55mm, 55-250mm kit lens and the 50 mm 'nifty-fifty'.

I need suggestions to upgrade my lens kit. My requirements are - a good lens for travel photography with low light photography as a plus(I find the clarity of 18-55 not so good for scenary and nature pics). 55-250 is an awesome lens but I cannot use zoom everywhere especially in enclosed places .Hence please suggest a good lens. Thanks in advance.

My general choice for a GP lens for a Canon crop camera is the 18-135 f/3.5-5.6. But, it is NOT a fast lens for low light.
You are NOT going to get a fast Canon zoom without going up to the L-series PRO lenses, $$$$.
Sigma has a 17-50 f/2.8, but I do not care for the zoom ring. It is too stiff, for me.
Tamron has a similar lens, but I know little about it.

If you feel that your 50/1.8 is not wide enough, I would get the Yongnuo 35mm f/2 as a fast companion lens. The 35mm lens is a "normal lens" for an APS-C camera. The Yongnuo has decent reviews, and is about $100, so you are not risking much on it.

Most reactions

Back