What's new

canon lens help

photosbyus2007

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 19, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Missouri
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am wanting to invest in a good lens for shooting indoor sports. I currently have a 28-75 2.8 and 18-250 3.5/5.6 these work ok, but it doesn't seem to get the shots i want. any input would be appreciated. thanks
 
Welcome to the forum.

What sort of indoor sports? Or more specifically, how far/close to the action will you be? What is your budget?

The obvious 'best' lenses for sports or indoors (especially for both at the same time) will be lenses with a large maximum aperture. So for zoom lenses, you're looking at F2.8 but if you want a larger aperture, it will have to be prime lenses.
 
Mostly I will b shooting basketball and cheerleading. I've been doing a lot of reading. So now I'm a little confused. How do I know the difference between wide angle and telephoto lenses? Or r they the same?
 
For your needs I'd go 70-200 usm is 2.8L and get a 1.4 or 2.0 teleconverter.
Or if you don't want to drop that kind of cash, the 100-400 3.5-5.6L has served me well.

Of course we'd all love to own a long throw 2.8 prime!

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom