Canon / Nikon ( who is better )

I'm fairly sure there are people with incredible skills that can shoot with anything and have incredible results. Indian>Arrow

Both Canon, and Nikon, are great in their own ways. You can use either for anything. Some Canon models are better than some Nikon models, and some Nikon models are better than some Canon models. I have used both, but prefer the control layouts on Nikons. I prefer the sensors on Nikons. I like the fact that I can use the same Nikon lenses on the 1/2" sensored Nikon 1 cameras, AND the APS-C sensored DX cameras, AND the Full Frame sensored FX cameras. I have a Nikon 1 J5 camera, which fits in a pants / coat pocket, and a Nikon D7200 APS-C DX camera, and a full frame Nikon D750 camera, and can use DX / FX lenses on each of them...though the J5 needs an FT-1 adapter to mount the F mount lenses. Other people have their own reasons for preferring Canon, or Sony, or Pentax, or Olympus, or whatever, cameras. No one brand, or model, is "better" / "best" overall. Some will be better for you, and others will be better for other people.

Both Canon, and Nikon, are great in their own ways. You can use either for anything. Some Canon models are better than some Nikon models, and some Nikon models are better than some Canon models. I have used both, but prefer the control layouts on Nikons. I prefer the sensors on Nikons. I like the fact that I can use the same Nikon lenses on the 1/2" sensored Nikon 1 cameras, AND the APS-C sensored DX cameras, AND the Full Frame sensored FX cameras. I have a Nikon 1 J5 camera, which fits in a pants / coat pocket, and a Nikon D7200 APS-C DX camera, and a full frame Nikon D750 camera, and can use DX / FX lenses on each of them...though the J5 needs an FT-1 adapter to mount the F mount lenses. Other people have their own reasons for preferring Canon, or Sony, or Pentax, or Olympus, or whatever, cameras. No one brand, or model, is "better" / "best" overall. Some will be better for you, and others will be better for other people.

The big advantage I see for canon bodies is they can use Nikon lenses, or OM, PK, M42... ones without the need for any optical elements in the adapter. But this also holds true for nearly all mirrorless cameras too, which usually add Canon's FD mount to the list too.

I don't have either Nikon or Canon bodies, but have a couple of lenses in each mount. For me the Nikon mount lenses are much better but that's partly down to the particular lens - e.g. a 300mm 'macro' vs another cheap 28-70 zoom.

Most reactions

Back