Canon / Nikon ( who is better )

canonsl2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
someone told me landscape is nikkon
portrait is canon

is this true ????

The only good camera is the one you have with you when opportunity provides the inspiration...

Things aren't that straightforward. Currently Nikon has an edge in sensor perfomance with the top quality Sony sensors in them, where the differences are mainly ISO invariance and better dynamic range at low ISOs.

Someone said nikon is china and canon is usa
, that making i feel canon is over nikon :1247:

Ford and Coke.

Someone said nikon is china and canon is usa
, that making i feel canon is over nikon :1247:

someone told me everything you read on the internet is correct and you should never fact check things.

also, your someone is dumb and wrong.

Canon back to 'Made in Japan'

Canon back to 'Made in Japan'
Robot-run digital camera plant is company's first Japanese mass production site in 10 years

September 09, 2017 03:38 JST

TOKYO -- Canon will build a new digital camera plant in southwestern Japan as part of an effort to bring back production from abroad, the company said Friday.

Many manufacturers have shifted production out of Japan to capitalize on cheaper labor abroad and in the face of a strong yen, which erodes the profitability of exports from the country. Advanced automation technology is seen as key to moving production back home.

The new plant, to be situated in Takanabe, Miyazaki Prefecture, will require an investment of about 23 billion yen ($213 million). Construction is scheduled to begin next August, with a targeted opening a year later.

notice that BACK refers to Japan and not USA...

Canon was shopping for the cheapest Asian places to build lenses/bodies just as Nikon was/is.

someone told me landscape is nikkon
portrait is canon

what if I told you landscape is Fuji and portrait is Samsung.

Last edited:
Of course Nikons are better than Canons. I know because I own two Nikons.:1398:

I'm sure anyone who owns Canons (or Panasonic, Fuji, Sony) will tell you theirs is the best. Fact is, all of them are good and will take amazing photos (depending on who is standing behind them).

I would pick the model that best suits your needs and budget, regardless of the manufacturer (as long as it is a major brand). Right now, the biggest choice would be between DSLR and mirrorless.

There's a lot more to a camera than just the camera body or even the camera sensor.

The quality of your photos is based on a pecking order that looks like this:

1) Your skill
2) Lighting
3) Lens
4) Camera body

Notice the camera body is in last place.

Any new current-technology camera from any vendor is going to be impressive.

Sometimes what you plan to do with the camera will meant that a specific MODEL will be better than another model (but note that this is a model vs. model difference, not a brand vs. brand.)

You can read highly technical articles where one is compared to the other. The differences noted are so fine and technical that very, very few photographers will ever come up against a photo situation where the differences are involved.
The one that feels best in your hands and you understand the features is THE BEST.

someone told me everything you read on the internet is correct and you should never fact check things....................

Never believe everything you read on the internet.
....................................................................----Thomas Jefferson

Short answer is neither and both and non of the above.

Honest answer. If your photography is at such a level that this REALLY makes a difference......... you don't need us to answer this for you.

If it doesn't have a red dot on the front it's not worth it

Your probably right there Keith then in that case I apologize for the comment,its just when I see the who is better I usually think someone trying to start a brand war and Seeing the screen name of Canon SL2 sounded like a canon owner already.

Most reactions

Back