Canon or Nikon?

I don't know lol.

I wish I had connections like that....

Canon has held the crown in sports photograpghy for a long time.

All I am saying is that Nikon is now challenging their status as the king of the hill.

Look up the Nikon reviews if you don't believe me. The D3x is such a good body, its unreal. Best full-frame body atm by miles.

The Nikon 200mm f/2 is also an extremely fine lens, and I would love to own one (thats for you Derrel) lol.

In my opinion competition is a good thing, it gives birth to innovation.

Just sit back and enjoy the show....

Nikon has been challenging their superiority for decades. I think they're both more than capable.

I'm just curious if the talk about "many" pro's switching tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment because of one bad body release is just rhetoric or if it's real. I'm betting those that are boldly making that claim here really have no clue. (At least you admit it.)

Personally, I could care less. The only reason I went with Canon is that my wife had several Canon lenses. That's it.

This is the summary from the dpreview.com D3x review:

"The D3X takes the crown as the king of the high resolution DSLRs, leapfrogging the Canon EOS-1D Mk III and offering breathtaking image quality when shot under optimal conditions. Putting aside the eye-watering price it's hard to find much to complain about, though you wouldn't choose it for sports or low light work. For studio and landscape work, however, it's pretty much peerless." :thumbup:

These are very true words.

The downside is that its a terrible value. :grumpy:

Nikon is at the bleeding edge of DSLR technology atm.

What Derrel said about Nikon's metering is true too, they got Canon beat by a long shot.

Canon has the best crop body at the moment though.

Also Canon is peerless for DSLR video. This is actually a massive thing for some people. DSLR video is more capable in some ways than insanely expensive pro video gear. :thumbup:

I don't know lol.

I wish I had connections like that....

Canon has held the crown in sports photograpghy for a long time.

All I am saying is that Nikon is now challenging their status as the king of the hill.

Look up the Nikon reviews if you don't believe me. The D3x is such a good body, its unreal. Best full-frame body atm by miles.

The Nikon 200mm f/2 is also an extremely fine lens, and I would love to own one (thats for you Derrel) lol.

In my opinion competition is a good thing, it gives birth to innovation.

Just sit back and enjoy the show....

Nikon has been challenging their superiority for decades. I think they're both more than capable.

I'm just curious if the talk about "many" pro's switching tens of thousands of dollars worth of equipment because of one bad body release is just rhetoric or if it's real. I'm betting those that are boldly making that claim here really have no clue. (At least you admit it.)

Personally, I could care less. The only reason I went with Canon is that my wife had several Canon lenses. That's it.

No I agree with you that this is blown out of proportion, although there is some truth to it.

All you need to do is take an evening to read through the EF Lens Work III book to understand that Canon is a juggernaut in the field of telephoto lenses.

No use arguing this, because you WILL lose.

Sorry Nikon fans, you lose here. Better luck next time lol.

Nikon is turning out some impressive glass lately though.....

These conversation always get rowdy... I guess I'll join too =D

NIKON!!! :p

These conversation always get rowdy... I guess I'll join too =D

NIKON!!! :p

Hey I tried to squash this before.

Look at my earlier posts, you will see.

Some people just couldn't let it go though.....

Canon for life....Flex

Just kidding lol.

This rivalry will never end... It's like the Lakers Celtics, been around generations

Rolleiflex Digital!!! FOR THE WIN! One lens option, the 9mm f/2.8 normal. 1.2 MegaPixel resolution at largest capture size. NO flash. No autofocus--fixed focus!! ALL YOU WILL EVER NEED!!! The Mini Digi-Rollei is tiny, light, and chicks dig it, guys want it, and other cameras want to be "it". It uses a small memory card that loads with a swing-up back, just like a real Rolleiflex. Picture quality is crappy, but what the hey, it's all about brand wars right??? ROLLEIFLEX KICKS A$$ !!

126049344.jpg

OMG...what the hell is that thing?

I bow to your ability to pull out old legendary stuff.

Bravo!

That's a replica isn't it?

It's an actual,working digital camera called the Rollei Mini-Digi. My wife gave it to me as a gift a few years ago, in 2006 I think it was. It actually shoots square digital photos. It's a very small camera. Just like a big Rollei, you need to turn the crank handle to cock the shutter for each and every shot! Some are still for sale
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Rolleiflex-24611-Mini-Camera-Black/dp/B0014UC52Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280302585&sr=8-2[/ame]

Rolleiflex Digital!!! FOR THE WIN! One lens option, the 9mm f/2.8 normal. 1.2 MegaPixel resolution at largest capture size. NO flash. No autofocus--fixed focus!! ALL YOU WILL EVER NEED!!! The Mini Digi-Rollei is tiny, light, and chicks dig it, guys want it, and other cameras want to be "it". It uses a small memory card that loads with a swing-up back, just like a real Rolleiflex. Picture quality is crappy, but what the hey, it's all about brand wars right??? ROLLEIFLEX KICKS A$$ !!

126049344.jpg

mmm my parents used to have one of the original film ones but sadly back when they were renting their landlord snatched it(according to them anyway).

I showed my dad the new digital ones in a magazine and he was shocked they still maintained the same design and everything.

Sorry i got a little off topic....

To get back on topic...

I am personally a Nikon person. I agree with the rest that if you have already have a bit invested into nikon stuff then i would stick with Nikon, however if you do decide to switch Canon then definitatly do it now.

Is there a camera rental place or anywhere where you can try out a canon to see if you like it?

I personally find these debates quite pointless. It's like Mac vs PC. There will always be people supporting each side it really comes down to the buyer them self and what their personal preference is and not which is better than the other or which is used by the 'pros' more.

It's an actual,working digital camera called the Rollei Mini-Digi. My wife gave it to me as a gift a few years ago, in 2006 I think it was. It actually shoots square digital photos. It's a very small camera. Just like a big Rollei, you need to turn the crank handle to cock the shutter for each and every shot! Some are still for sale
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Rolleiflex-24611-Mini-Camera-Black/dp/B0014UC52Q/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1280302585&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Rolleiflex 24611 Mini Digi AF 5.0 Camera (Black): Electronics[/ame]

Ohh you actually own one?!

What do the pictures turn out like? Or is it more of a novelty item?

Edit i just noticed they had a mini Leica there on the link you posted there too.. haha

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/MINOX-DCC-Leica-Digital-Camera/dp/B000LRIU54/ref=pd_bxgy_p_img_b[/ame]

how cute

It shoots pretty poor images actually...quite disappointing to me,actually.

Most reactions

Back