Canon rebels

stumpfoot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a canon rebel G eos. I was wondering if the lenses and accessories that I have would work on the rebel G eos QD ( the silver model). Also I was wondering the same for the Canon Rebel eos GII. And last but not least what is the differnce between the one I have and the GII?

I have a canon rebel G eos. I was wondering if the lenses and accessories that I have would work on the rebel G eos QD
Yes, all lenses and (most) accessories will work on any of the Canon EOS cameras, which includes all of the Rebel and many more.

And last but not least what is the differnce between the one I have and the GII?
Not much.

Check this link, for a list of all the film EOS cameras and their features.

GII is a decent camera, but I'm not sure I'd consider it worthy of upgrading to. You'll be using basically the same camera.

Incidentally, there are some inaccuracies in that link's information. The GII, if I recall correctly, has only 3 AF points, not 7. Shutter speed and aperture are adjustable in 1/2 stop increments. The first page you get when you click on the GII link says 1/4000 sec max shutter speed, while the detailed spec page says 1/2000; 1/2000 is the correct maximum speed. I seem to recall the camera beeping for timed shutter release. I don't remember a camera shake warning... but it could be there. I just don't remember it. Don't believe that jive about four levels of battery level indication; it always just suddenly went dead on me. The LCD panel is smaller than it says, and it's located on the top right of the camera, not on the back (not sure why the info page says it's been relocated from top to back).

I can't say much about the G, but I know the GII intimately, since I carried it everywhere, and went through about a hundred rolls of film, in the year and a half after I started in photography. Like I said, it's not a bad camera, but I'm happier with upgrading to the Elan 7N than I would have been upgrading to, say, the T2 (I think that's what followed up the GII).

The lenses will all work, however. A Canon EF lens is a Canon EF lens, regardless of body used.

Most reactions

Back