Canon T2i

thomas.corbett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am looking to buy a canon, i use a Nikon now and am looking at the Canon T2i. any one here use it? if so how good is it over all and any bad things about it? thanks.

P.S looking to switch to canon because all our good flashes are canon's and cheaper for new camera.

That is a lot of pixels to pack onto an APS-C size sensor.

The pixel pitch has to be miniscule.

At least it has their new color aware metering system.

What nikon are you shooting with now?

For that price I would stay with Nikon and get the amazing D90. IMO a better choice and you can stay with Nikon :D
TJ

For that price I would stay with Nikon and get the amazing D90. IMO a better choice and you can stay with Nikon :D
TJ

I wanted the d90 but the canon is compatible with all the flashes and other items that we have. I have found that nikons are a great camera

TJ

I know I for one would love to limit myself to only one brand instead of looking for what is suitable for different conditions. You're probably a console fanboy too aren't you?

TJ

I know I for one would love to limit myself to only one brand instead of looking for what is suitable for different conditions. You're probably a console fanboy too aren't you?

We actually got 3 canon speed lights, defuses, and sync for free about 2 months after i got my Nikon had i known that i would have went with canon

If you're looking for a Canon, I would look at a 40D or 50D instead of a T2i.

Thanks for all the ideas, i got a few months to decide before i get the $$$ i will post what i get when i get it.

The T2i would be a good upgrade, IQ is better than the 50D's, screen is better, has video, it's fast enough.

Other than having video, I'd have a hard time getting used to not having a top LCD and rear control wheel. But I guess if you aren't used to it you won't miss it. Owning a 50D, the only conceivable upgrade I can consider would be a 7D or higher. I have no doubts that the T2i is a great camera, but it's still an entry level SLR. And for the price, you could easily get a 40/50D

but with the 40/50D, you lose out on video, IQ, with the 40D, a lousy LCD by today's standards, the only thing you gain is an extra 2fps, different ergonomics and a partially metal body.

I made the jump from nikon to canon and have never looked back. the quality and feel and option of better glass is incomparable in my opinion. Mind you, I jumped from a D80 to a 5D Mk ii.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back