Canon T2i

but with the 40/50D, you lose out on video, IQ, with the 40D, a lousy LCD by today's standards, the only thing you gain is an extra 2fps, different ergonomics and a partially metal body.

It depends on what you want to be shooting. I don't need video, and I haven't seen anything about IQ being discernibly better than a 50D. Also, the difference between 3.7fps and 6.5fps is huge and the 50D rear LCD is almost exactly the same as the T2i. The Rebel lacks the top LCD for quick, battery-saving info display and the rear control dial/joystick combo which makes navigation clunky and slow. As an entry level SLR, the T2i is amazing and certainly has a lot going for it. If you want video and can live without the added speed, features, and controls of the XXD/XD bodies, then it's a great buy. I just personally wouldn't make that choice, and I don't understand this animosity toward XXD bodies...

I made the jump from nikon to canon and have never looked back. the quality and feel and option of better glass is incomparable in my opinion. Mind you, I jumped from a D80 to a 5D Mk ii.

That's like saying I went from a ford focus to a Mercedes....

NO SH*T, RICK?!?! THE QUALITY IS BETTER!?!?! I would have NEVER thought so!

I've got the T1i and personally love it... After looking and trying many of the 20-50D cameras the T1i just made sence for me and for the money versus what you get it was a no brainer. The video option is something some people don't care for, but what does it hurt to have it? If you need it, it's there for about the same price as many other models that don't have it... And honestly I've come to enjoy many of my HD videos as of lately. The quality is great... I'm sure the T2i is even a notch above...

It depends on what you want to be shooting. I don't need video, and I haven't seen anything about IQ being discernibly better than a 50D. Also, the difference between 3.7fps and 6.5fps is huge and the 50D rear LCD is almost exactly the same as the T2i. The Rebel lacks the top LCD for quick, battery-saving info display and the rear control dial/joystick combo which makes navigation clunky and slow. As an entry level SLR, the T2i is amazing and certainly has a lot going for it. If you want video and can live without the added speed, features, and controls of the XXD/XD bodies, then it's a great buy. I just personally wouldn't make that choice, and I don't understand this animosity toward XXD bodies...[/COLOR]

+1

And it does depend on if you need video or not. If the LCD is better (laughing) it would not be significant since the LCD on the 50D is splendid. You should decide for yourself and go out and physically handle your options. To me there is a day and night difference when handling a rebel and a 50D. Good luck

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back