Can't afford PS

Thanks again. I also think I heard you can do some kind of a monthly plan with CS5. Can't remember where I heard that but will have to check into it.
$50 month-to-month, or $35 a month with a 1yr contract, for CS5. No Student Editions are included, and if you stop paying each month you no longer have access to the software.

CS Subscription Editions

I bought my photoshop at academicsuperstore.com
They have great deals on photoshop for students. If you're a student (or maybe you know a student) you can buy photoshop there. All you have to do is provide proof that you are a student (such as a school schedule). Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Picasa is free and easy. Probably basic editing (I have nothing to compare it to), organizes photos well, and has facial recognition. It has served me well but doesn't edit RAW.

Want free and hard try GIMP :). Working on that now. If I figure out the Gimp I'll still use Picasa for organizing.

If not I'm going to break down and get Lightroom (I think).

hi there i am from the uk i use elmenst 10 now not happy with it befor that i used serif photoplus x5 wich seam to have more fro some risen if you phoned them up driectley you get a lot cheaper that what thay sale it for in the shop. the shop price wos £60.00 when i phone them up i got for £30 and for 3 pc which i though wos good price i whis that i phone them up again to put it back on the new pc wich i have now it dose work well with RAW to my step son use it on his lumix and i use it on my cannon both of us use RAW sorry about the spelling clive in the uk

Go sign up for a photography class at a college and then buy photoshop with a student discount. Then you get some extra training you need and the proper software to do the job. There really is no substitution for PS. Once you figure out how to use the program it will open up all kinds of worlds for you but it take time. More time then it does to figure out how to take a decent picture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back