Can't see a thread showcasing shots on expired film, so....

The only outdated films I shoot are E-6 crossed in C-41.

Kodak E-100 crossed in C-41.....
eZsmoZX.jpg

Kodak 160T crossed in C-41.....
oUYLAjs.jpg

The only outdated films I shoot are E-6 crossed in C-41.

Wow, those colours are amazing!

Thanks.....98% is the scan and I tweek it a bit in PS.

Here are a couple more.

Some type of Fuji E-6 crossed, can't remember but it was 15 years passed the date when this was shot.
QhMELeO.jpg

Another Kodak 160T crossed. The 160 is from the late 80's, shot around 2016.
62ffN0L.png

Last one (others already posted) from a roll of C22 stock expired in '75 processed in C41. This was the messiest one on the strip, lots of reticulation and damage from the soft emulsion base that took days to dry and harden. Camera Kodak Duaflex III.

KDX2-002e (2)s.jpg

..and one from a roll of Fujichrome, at least over 10 years past due x processed in C41. Ensign Selfix 16-20.

3-006es.jpg

Gee, they have so much character.
My favorites are the orange tree and the B&W flower.

10+ year expired C41 brand x stuff (Wal*Mart?), Processed in D76 and scanned as a colour neg. Camera was a Brownie 127 masked for 35 mm film width leaving the 127 frame length the same.

Untitled #3es.jpg

Thought this might be interesting, 20+ year old Fujicolor 400 resting inside a gifted Minolta Maxxum ST si, x processed in D76 1:1. First one, not my shot, posted to show how little the latent image deteriorated, at least in definition, color unknown..
msi-003es.jpg

...and this one, the only halfways legible frame from the 4 or 5 unshot roll end.
msi-019e3s.jpg

I'm a cheap bastard! Film photography can get expensive so I'm always on the lookout for useable expired films. That has become an addiction and my darkroom fridge is pretty much overflowing now with 16mm, 110, 35mm 120, 4x5 and 5x7 films and rolls plus some even larger sheet sizes! One of my all time favourites is FujiFilm Eerna RD-1, a digital internegative film designed to be exposed with lasers. I shoot it at 1.5 iso and don't bother trying to get reality from the colours (that's an exercise in frustration). Instead, I embrace the surreal colours it often throws up as per this shot of my wife.
Minolta Alpha 7, Lensbaby Sweet 35

Manukau Cycling by Michael J Breen, on Flickr

Show me your shots taken on expired film; colour, black and white, anything goes.
Who are you to demand to see my photos??

Most reactions

New Topics

Back