Caroline | Look 2

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
(Continued from http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/people-photography/332879-caroline-look-1-a.html )

9227756685_b4b3a5c134_c.jpg

9227756869_ba5be252fb_c.jpg

9230538200_190af5b676_c.jpg

9230536926_479481ac98_c.jpg

9227757073_dace2a2285_c.jpg

9227757275_b87e36833f_c.jpg

9230537306_6fe8c79d80_c.jpg

9230537250_929d45ca09_c.jpg

9230536844_429880eca3_c.jpg

these are nice too.. but i find myself comparing to set 1 and the 1st set had a lot more wow for me.

Be Still my Heart! lol!

Love them! Her eyes are almost as pretty as your, Emily!

Very nice Emily, there are a couple though that I think might have benefitted from a little under-chin reflector just to fill in the hat brim a little bit.

Another nice set. #7 is simply fantastic. She looks very nice in brown and is rocking the **** out of that hat.

ETA: Another nice variety of poses and looks. You're directing very well, I think.

Why is she looking out of the frame in #4? It almost works, with the mass of dark on the left, but overall I ain't quite feelin it.

Looks like you cloned the road out again in #5? Either that or the vegetation is suspiciously symmetrical.. I only see it because, of course, I know *exactly* where to look. I suspect more cloning in some of the others, but it's quite convincing. There's a white halo in #6 but that sells as white stuff behind and for all I know it is just white stuff behind.

Couple of the others you almost lose the catchlights in the eyes, but not quite. Probably wouldn't hurt to bring the eyes up a hair in some of those to put a little more sparkle into her face.

Very nice Emily, there are a couple though that I think might have benefitted from a little under-chin reflector just to fill in the hat brim a little bit.

Yeah. It was there. I was just fighting between having it close enough to get the shot, but far enough that it wasn't *IN* the shot. :lol:

This was my first attempt at getting back to learning how to better manipulate available light and not go so heavy on the flashes. I want the ability and skill to be able to do both, as they both yield different results. Up until this point, my "available light" skill set was REALLY really weak... and it still could be improved upon.

Then again so can my lighting skills. :lol:

It's a never ending learning process. :lmao:

I think the fill issues are well within the range of correctable in post, anyways. John is canadian, and they don't have software up there yet.

Looks like you cloned the road out again in #5? Either that or the vegetation is suspiciously symmetrical.. I only see it because, of course, I know *exactly* where to look. I suspect more cloning in some of the others, but it's quite convincing. There's a white halo in #6 but that sells as white stuff behind and for all I know it is just white stuff behind.

It's just white stuff behind as far as the halo is concerned in #6, haha, however, I see what you mean about #5. I'll have to go back and blend that a little bit.

Yay! The cloning is much better now :)

I think I prefer these to Look 1, mostly because of the texture-y background.

What lens and body are you shooting with these days? Big time improvement from the beginning, well done.

STILL miss your old watermark though haha

What lens and body are you shooting with these days? Big time improvement from the beginning, well done.

You and a few others. :lmao:

I'm shooting on a 5DMKII and I shot the majority of the outdoor shots (actually, I think all of them...) with a 70-200 f/2.8, and the indoor ones were a mix of the 70-200, 28mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.4. :sillysmi:

Great portraiture. Love how you kept the colours real.

Thank you! :biggrin:

You and a few others. :lmao:

I'm shooting on a 5DMKII and I shot the majority of the outdoor shots (actually, I think all of them...) with a 70-200 f/2.8, and the indoor ones were a mix of the 70-200, 28mm f/1.8, and 50mm f/1.4. :sillysmi:

Whoa, someone upgraded their gear,!!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back