Case Workers and a Seeder

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I could of stayed there an hour watching the man in the first one, split wood. I wanted to jump in there and try it. I asked him if I could and he kind of smiled and rolled his eyes at me. He said, "we are saving digits today". He had a good sense of humor. Him and his son (driver) were also part of a local blue grass band and man, they can play. I went to see them later in the fall at a festival.

Not sure if the last one is a seeder but it's my best guess. I seem to recall my grandfather having one very similar to it. I was just a boy, everything is foggy from back then.

Case Worker.JPG

Mini Case Working.JPG

Seeder.JPG

That splitter looks like an engineering marvel. I would like to know how it works. Got any more photos of it?

My splitter has only one moving part, not counting the driveshaft.

That splitter looks like an engineering marvel. I would like to know how it works. Got any more photos of it?

I will look. I am friends with these guys now, maybe I can go over there and get some more. I noticed they were busy working the land the other day so not sure how accessible they are going to be this time of the year. They also added a crap load of cattle to their dairy operation, plus huge building to work them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On my monitor #1 and #3 would use a touch of contrast (some black). As a general rule, all B&W photographs need a black in them (as a baseline tone).
Thanks, I will adjust and repost.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

On my monitor #1 and #3 would use a touch of contrast (some black). As a general rule, all B&W photographs need a black in them (as a baseline tone).

Better?

Case Worker.JPG

Seeder.JPG

That #1 is a keeper! the guy working with the splitter finishes off the shot perfectly! kudos.

Probably not going to help much but here they are. I just got off phone with the son and they are slammed with the farm, he said to call him next weekend.

I purposely bumped the clarity to give you a little more detail in the hardware. Reason they look a little over processed.

DSC_1022bw.JPG

DSC_1024bw.JPG

I believe that's actually a shingle mill vice a plain splitter. Most of the bits and bobs are the mechanism used to increment the bolt along so it can cut the same thickness slab each time.

Edited to add: Yes, that is a two-row seeder.

That helps a lot. I thought it was a splitter, as in splitting logs for the stove.

Most reactions

Back