Cathedral Rocks, Yosemite

HikinMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.imagesinthebackcountry.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to go to Yosemite for the day. I really hate that place, but I went anyway...LOL!!! Anyway, I met up with some photographers from another forum...I know, but I do go to other forums! Before I met everybody, I stopped here to capture Cathedral Rocks in the morning light. I have about 6-8 more, but I'm not keen on posting lots of photos in one thread, so I'll post others throughout the week.

cathedral-rocks-1880.jpg

5D, 50mm f/1.8, ISO 100, f/11, two exposures blended in CS2

Well, what's to say? This looks good. This rock is quite famous, I gather (have never been to Yosemite...). What's to hate about it? Shows on German TV always make it look like among the coolest of places...

We certainly need to discuss your going to other forums, too :raisedbrow: ...!!!

;) :biggrin:

Well, what's to say? This looks good. This rock is quite famous, I gather (have never been to Yosemite...). What's to hate about it? Shows on German TV always make it look like among the coolest of places...

We certainly need to discuss your going to other forums, too :raisedbrow: ...!!!

;) :biggrin:

:lol: I have too much time on my hands! :lmao:

Thanks for looking! :thumbup:

Hello Mike
It is hard not to get great shots at Yosemite. ;)

A few questions if you do not mind.

1. How far were you from the subject?

2. How early did you get there to start your day?

3. How long were you there?

4. How much did you move around the park to get the shots you did?

5. How does one know where in the park all of the different sites are?

Sorry about all the questions.

Hello Mike
It is hard not to get great shots at Yosemite. ;)

A few questions if you do not mind.

1. How far were you from the subject?

2. How early did you get there to start your day?

3. How long were you there?

4. How much did you move around the park to get the shots you did?

5. How does one know where in the park all of the different sites are?

Sorry about all the questions.

1. I really bad with distance. I would guess I was 50-75 feet to the edge of the meadow/water.

2. I got up at 4:30 AM. Left the house at 5:30 and I got to the park around 7:15AM. The shot was taken 7:51AM.

3. I was there for a day trip. I left the park around 8PM and got home by 10PM.

4. I'm somewhat "handicapped". This shot is right along the road. There's a small turn-out. My camera/tripod was 15 feet from the road.

5. There's a general map you receive at the entrance gate. I also bought the book "The Photographer's Guide to Yosemite" by Michael Frye, several years ago. I keep it in my camera bag! That shot is in the book. ;)

Mike
Thank you for the response to my questions, it is generous of your time and I do appreciate it. Believe it or not, it does help me to understand the process.

Up at 4:30...home at 10:00, UMMMMM, that still leaves a couple of hours for sleep. ;):mrgreen:
Wait, I forgot about production time:confused:

P.S.
Thanks for the PM, I did not see your response sooner.

Mike
Thank you for the response to my questions, it is generous of your time and I do appreciate it. Believe it or not, it does help me to understand the process.

Up at 4:30...home at 10:00, UMMMMM, that still leaves a couple of hours for sleep. ;):mrgreen:
Wait, I forgot about production time:confused:

P.S.
Thanks for the PM, I did not see your response sooner.

Who needs sleep? LOL!! :lmao:

nice capture.

Great shot. Including that bent branch in the water makes it for me. Sucks that you couldn't get more detail in the foreground without blowing out the highlights on the summit. At least I'm assuming that was the case. Still great shot.

awesome photography, this place is not far from granny's place. Hope I will go there and have some fun... :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back