CC Horse Photos

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my FAV photos of horses. Horses is a huge passion of mine wether it be riding, training, or just sitting in the pasture with camera in hand it doesn't get much better then horses :) I have had a lot of feedback from others that love these photos but I want some CC from some people who know photography. My overall goal with CC is to suck it up, not cry LOL! and learn from it.

Photo 1

Baby by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
Like: I like the background colors and how the horse still pops even tho theres some pretty things going on behind her.
Dislike: Probably edited too much contrast in it? The angle, I wish I was standing to her side more and had her head turned more towards me so I could have gotten both eyes. Her left eye kinda washes out. (is that the proper term to use??)

Photo 2

Jackson & Bosco by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
This is one of my fav fav fav photos right now. Jackson is the horse on the left and Bosco on the right. Jackson is my most photographed subject, that horse loves the camera.
Like: I love how Jackson clearly has his eye on me! He always does when I'm out there. I love how his spots really pop.
Dislike: Boscos mouth, he was chewing (he never stops eating) and where i did try to clone out hay i think i did a poor job. Bosco's belly how it just looks like a black blob.

Photo 3

jetta1 by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
I was just learning and playing with my camera on trying to get some good eye shots and have the body fade away.
like: I got what I was trying to achieve.
Dislike: The fur around the eyes. Yea all horses have it but it just looks weird. Also, the reflection in her eye. I want just eye not me.

Photo 4

Jetta by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr
JEttas first horse show!!!
Like: I dunno I just like this photo. I like how it fades well, how she has all her tack on and you can see the riders leg and saddle equipment but it is clearly focused on her eye
dislike: dunno.

Time to learn learn learn!

Last edited:
I love shooting horses also i get lots of chances owning one. Shot 1 is too head on for me, eyes are too dark and colors are not right WB seems a bit off, Love the interaction in shot 2 but not a big fan of 3, shot 4 the horse look like it's in deep thought. In a lot of my shots i set up speedlights and studio lights if there is power, if you want to see some fantastic shots of Horses/Dogs and other animals take a look at this photographer Tim Flach
This was an impromptu shoot with one of the young girls at the stable using 1 580EX and a white umbrella
IMG3915-1-2-L.jpg

The 2nd and3rd one are my favorite! Just loose the vignettes on the ones you have it on, or make it subtle.

Last edited:
Thanks!! Bosco is so bomb proof I could def bring my umbrella around him :)

This is our horse "Cloud" and our Lakeland Terrier Archie "Best Mates"
IMG4090-L.jpg

Awww that pic is precious!! What kind of horse do you have? What kind of riding you do??

Its hard to tell in my b/w but Bosco is a Rocky Mountain Gelding 12y.o. 14.3h Chocolate with Flaxen mane :) I love his color combo in colored shots gosh that mane of his POPS!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back