CC my website

Can you extend the photos too the edge? 100% rather than 85%?

I think you have too much negative space on the side and the bigger the photos the better imo.

I would also remove Facebook from the menu bar and just put that in the about or contact.

Facebook to me isn't really screaming 'professional', while its a great way to connect with people and such, you don't want that as a headline.

Other than that, its clean, simple and easy to navigate.

I like the big photos and like things simple.

8/10

Thanks for the feedback.

Do you mean the full size photos or the thumbnails? I can see if I can hack the theme in order to avoid the 4 thumbs per line. If it's the full size pictures, I anyhow upload them with a 1200 px width, for several reasons :) So for larger screens there'll be white space on the sides.

I'm referring to the homepage thumbnails.

Only another photographer MAY be interested in your gear. I'm a photographer, and I really don't care about your gear. Personally I would remove that.

Seems like you are trying to sell you work, but you haven't done anything , SEO-wise, to promote your site. I would suggest reading my SEO for the Photographer link in my signature below.

question for you, how did you get the facebook like at the bottom? is it a plugin or widget? I like it!

I am by far not a professional web designer, but I have taken a few classes... With what I know, I know less is more. I think there is too much going on, on the home page. It almost feels as a Flickr page or something, just a bunch of photos, with descriptions. I would recommend larger photos and maybe three or 5 to start (odd numbers). Then let people guide themselves to your galleries, as you already have, in which, they can see them all. Also maybe create a black or colored (see through) background behind your top layer of words (the website name, folders, etc) I believe its a good start, though!

Most reactions

Back