CC: On the rocks

Frozen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this picture over the summer on the "Mist Trail" in Yosemite. After looking at this again, it looks a little dark.

IMG_0349.jpg

ZktNsFyJlu7zLPuDJ8XF-Q

A little underexposed and I would like to see more of the scene. Good job on the water though!

You're about a stop under exposed.

Cool shot. Crop is a little tight for me, I'd like to see a bit more of the surroundings. A bit dark as well, easily fixed with levels/curves.

Great water though. What was the shutter speed on this shot?

Cool shot. Crop is a little tight for me, I'd like to see a bit more of the surroundings. A bit dark as well, easily fixed with levels/curves.

Great water though. What was the shutter speed on this shot?
Thanks, yeah I felt it was a little dark but I was having a little trouble keeping detail in the water while still lightening up the shot. This is one of my first shots shooting RAW, so I am still messing around with it.

ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/3 sec
Aperture: f/29.0
Focal Length: 100mm

I am also picking up a .6ND filter so I can get longer shots like this when I am shooting in the sun and not the shade.

The water looks great. I would have liked to see just a little more at the top of the shot to get a perspective on the whole scene.

Well since I seem to be adding a little at a time here is the full uncropped version.

IMG_0349Full.jpg

Last edited:
Here is your photo and the one I edited side by side. I did a couple of things. It would look a lot better if adjustments were made before you edited it. This is what I did:

Add color balance mask
add saturation mask
add levels adjustment mask
--(not much to work with here. I think you may have done this already but it needed a little more brightening)
add a little sharpening
add a touch of vignette

401722270_n2JCE-L.jpg

If I totally messed it up, please let me know.

Just my 2bit, newbie suggestions

Most reactions

New Topics

Back