What's new

CC on this quick photo.

Didn't a regular member just leave yesterday due to this nonsense.
 
Stick? Oh, the one up my ass, I assume?

If by that you mean when I stop standing up for people who are here to learn, then no, I won't be back. It's really sad how discouraging some of the posters on this site are. Most of them aren't even good at what they do. The ones who are talented are actually pretty helpful.
 
Stick? Oh, the one up my ass, I assume?

If by that you mean when I stop standing up for people who are here to learn, then no, I won't be back. It's really sad how discouraging some of the posters on this site are. Most of them aren't even good at what they do. The ones who are talented are actually pretty helpful.

Amen to that. I could not have said it better myself
 
That's an awesome photo! Nice find, Paige :)

what?? awesome photo...low light, NO FLASH?? I thought that wasn't possible!

The whole point of the previous thread you are referring to is that a good photographer can use either Flash or Ambient light.. or both, to get the shots they want.

If a person chooses to limit their shots to one type of light or another, that is their choice... but there are many shots that can only be achieved with one, or the other... OR BOTH!

Do you really consider that laptop light to be "Natural".... it is more similar to a flash, with a really long duration. (definitely not Natural, by your definition!)
 
I might disagree with the "background" comments. It's been mentioned earlier photo's should tell a story. Well, what a better story then this background.
I get and page through a lot of trade magazines, and this photo would fit in nicely with many of them. I do agree that a reflector would heal that black eye nicely and, I believe Darrell mentioned the laptop it's self. A glimpse of the back of the screen would tell another big part of the story. IMHO, the photo definitely shows promise.
 
I might disagree with the "background" comments. It's been mentioned earlier photo's should tell a story. Well, what a better story then this background.
I get and page through a lot of trade magazines, and this photo would fit in nicely with many of them. I do agree that a reflector would heal that black eye nicely and, I believe Darrell mentioned the laptop it's self. A glimpse of the back of the screen would tell another big part of the story. IMHO, the photo definitely shows promise.

Well said, sir!
 
I guess you now want to see MY report card to?
 
IMHO, the photo definitely shows promise.


Seriously?!?

The OP stated in other words that it was nothing but a snap shot. And it shows promise?

THIS is why nobody learns **** around here.


An idea has to stem from somewhere. There are a million ways to improve upon the OP's photo and OP seems excited to learn: THAT is the promise. We have given her tips on lighting and reflectors as well as composition.

Constantly beating down newbies and talking **** about their work doesn't help someone learn. Encouragement and pointing out the elements that work, combined with critique of those that don't, tends to help much more.
 
An idea has to stem from somewhere. There are a million ways to improve upon the OP's photo and OP seems excited to learn: THAT is the promise. We have given her tips on lighting and reflectors as well as composition.

Constantly beating down newbies and talking **** about their work doesn't help someone learn. Encouragement and pointing out the elements that work, combined with critique of those that don't, tends to help much more.


Sure it does, and I completely agree. But the particular photograph in question is a snap shot, stated by the OP themselves.

If I did a math problem wrong, my teacher wouldn't look at the answer and say "that answer has promise". No it doesn't. Its wrong. It will always be wrong. It will never be the right answer no matter how much promise it shows.

I have to go back and rework the problem.

Continuously reinforcing the WRONG answer is not teaching anyone anything.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom