What's new

CC on this quick photo.

As a matter of fact, we do. Actually, why don't you look up education ranks among the states? I'll do it for you, because I'm that sweet!

Best Educated Index statistics - States Compared - StateMaster
VA: 7
TX: 24



Oh, Texas, eh? Let me take a stab at all the stereotypes that come to mind: fat, Bible-beating, homophobic, all about the 'Merican dream and the Dallas Cowboys.
 
I'm gay, I don't go to church, and I'm from originally from Louisiana. And I prefer to watch the Rangers.... So stereotype ahead. LOL!!!
 
How would I eliminate the dark shadows in her eye sockets without a flash?

You could try turning off the overhead lighting. All of it since it is distracting anyway. Too bad you don't own a flash. If you did, you could bounce the flash off the laptop or "laptop simulator" (a sheet of white paper taped over the laptop screen).

So try this again with correct light.
 
I'm gay, I don't go to church, and I'm from originally from Louisiana. And I prefer to watch the Rangers.... So stereotype ahead. LOL!!!

My point exactly: I'm from VA and very well educated. I graduated with honors from a highly ranked high school (according to Newsweek, at least!) and also attended a prestigious university. Oh, and my IQ is roughly 140.
 
My point exactly: I'm from VA and very well educated. I graduated with honors from a highly ranked high school (according to Newsweek, at least!) and also attended a prestigious university. Oh, and my IQ is roughly 140.


Dont stroke your own ego too hard... you might throw your arm out. And I wouldn't want anything to happen to you. This exchange is too much fun and making my morning go by faster.
 
What's horribly missing is the laptop!!! SHe's working on a computer right? But instead of turning the camera to vertical and SHOWING US the computer, you held the camera the easy way, and snapped a frame off, with all that dead background there in the left. SO, instead of framing that shot with the proper "camera/subject coordination", you did what so,so many people do...you pointed the camera and shot a decently-exposed shot with poor composition.

The prefatory statement, "ignore the background" is understandable...I KNOW what you meant...but it's almost comical to a person who has been involved in photography for more than a few years...the very FIRST QUESTION the photographer MUST answer, and answer correctly, is "What orientation do I need to work with? Is this subject wider than it is tall?" and the second question is, "How do I best frame this subject in order to make a decent picture?"

By NOT showing us "the entire bottom half" of the scene, this picture, as shown, is not really very good. The exposure is good, yes. She's attractive, yes. But the background...not advancing the image...the picture has poor compositional skills, but pretty GOOD TECHNICAL values.Lighting is good, focus is good, color looks "indoor light-like". Technical values are good. Very,very good! I think you show good potential here though. You have done what many cannot do, and that is SPOT a good scene, a good picture, and then ask HOW to make that kind of shot better.
 
Perhaps one should not learn to accept that spontaneous shots never happen,but instead be humble enough to admit he is not good enough to capture spontaneous moments well.

My favorite quote! Of course you can take an awesome spontaneous shots! You have to learn how to tell a story with your pictures. Just because you see something you want to photograph doesn't mean you have to do it right that second. You have to think how this will look on camera and reposition yourself so that your shot tells the story of what you are viewing. Almost every shot I take is spontaneous.

OP I found this pic for you winding down | CMpro Daily Project photo lit by laptop type thing only


That's an awesome photo! Nice find, Paige :)
 
My point exactly: I'm from VA and very well educated. I graduated with honors from a highly ranked high school (according to Newsweek, at least!) and also attended a prestigious university. Oh, and my IQ is roughly 140.


Dont stroke your own ego too hard... you might throw your arm out. And I wouldn't want anything to happen to you. This exchange is too much fun and making my morning go by faster.


Not ego stroking, only stating facts.

I'm glad you're enjoying this.
 
As a matter of fact, we do. Actually, why don't you look up education ranks among the states? I'll do it for you, because I'm that sweet!

Best Educated Index statistics - States Compared - StateMaster
VA: 7
TX: 24



Oh, Texas, eh? Let me take a stab at all the stereotypes that come to mind: fat, Bible-beating, homophobic, all about the 'Merican dream and the Dallas Cowboys.

BEER! You forgot Beer! ;) (I am FROM Texas, so I can say that! (btw.. I hate beer!) lol!
 
How would I eliminate the dark shadows in her eye sockets without a flash?

You could try turning off the overhead lighting. All of it since it is distracting anyway. Too bad you don't own a flash. If you did, you could bounce the flash off the laptop or "laptop simulator" (a sheet of white paper taped over the laptop screen).

So try this again with correct light.


I own an external flash that mounts to the top of the camera, however Im not comfortable with flash photography yet, it seems to make things too bright when I dont want them.
 
i have a serious doubt... while we look at a single source of light, there is every chance that the nose shadow fall on our face.... that is how a monitor watcher will be seen by others... so if one wants the originality felt, needn't that shadow be maintained as such?
Regards :D
 
What's horribly missing is the laptop!!! SHe's working on a computer right? But instead of turning the camera to vertical and SHOWING US the computer, you held the camera the easy way, and snapped a frame off, with all that dead background there in the left. SO, instead of framing that shot with the proper "camera/subject coordination", you did what so,so many people do...you pointed the camera and shot a decently-exposed shot with poor composition.

The prefatory statement, "ignore the background" is understandable...I KNOW what you meant...but it's almost comical to a person who has been involved in photography for more than a few years...the very FIRST QUESTION the photographer MUST answer, and answer correctly, is "What orientation do I need to work with? Is this subject wider than it is tall?" and the second question is, "How do I best frame this subject in order to make a decent picture?"

By NOT showing us "the entire bottom half" of the scene, this picture, as shown, is not really very good. The exposure is good, yes. She's attractive, yes. But the background...not advancing the image...the picture has poor compositional skills, but pretty GOOD TECHNICAL values.Lighting is good, focus is good, color looks "indoor light-like". Technical values are good. Very,very good! I think you show good potential here though. You have done what many cannot do, and that is SPOT a good scene, a good picture, and then ask HOW to make that kind of shot better.

Thanks for the tips, I will try it the way you mentioned. Im going to try and stage the same photo late on tonight. However she might get a bit mad cause her boobs were kind of hanging out a bit.:lol: But then again, I might get better CC then!!!!LMAO! FWIW she does have very deep eye sockets that tend to not photograph well under most circumstances...There are usually shadows in her eyes no matter what the lighting..I guess manipulating the light and angels could overcome that flaw..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom