CDROMs of Digital pictures

digitalrightnow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have placed some of my pictures taken with my 8.2 MP camera, and copied them to CD rom, if I wanted to put these images on another computer, would it be as simple as placing the CDROM in the other computer's CDROM drive and copying these photos to a directory on that PC? I want to start making photo CDs of photos taken by me, so I can sell them as Clipart CDs on Ebay. The buyer should be able to copy the pictures from CDROM to their harddrive without much problem, correct? Also will they be able to use my CD on any version of Windows, Mac, and Linux?

The important part is the file format. If they are a common file type, like JPEG or TIFF, then there should be no problem.

I have heard of some problems with some CDs not being able to be read in other computers/CD drives...but I don't think that is very common.

Thanks for you quick answer. My photos are JPEGS, so that should be ok. Also I have tried copying the pictures do another Computer of mine, and it seems to have worked. This PC is running Windows 98, so I copied from XP. THis should mean that if I make a disc the pictures should copy OK? Also they should be ok on Linux and the MAC OS as well?

JPEG is a standard format and should be able to load and display on any computer that has a program to display them.

Ok, great and thank you very much for your help.

Don't you think you should know how to do that before you start selling your images.

I think that's probably why he asked.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back