CF Card gone bad? Help.

deannamb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The past few months have been rough and I haven't really touched my cameras since about October which was when I shot a wedding, my last 'big' shoot.

I downloaded all photos from both camera & CF cards onto my computer yesterday using my CF card, and put the cards back in my camera just a few minutes ago. I have a shoot today out-of-state and am preparing, and turned on the display to format them and on the first card the photos were gone.

I did not format the card and as far as I know did not delete them somehow while on the computer.

Is this a sign that I need to buy a new CF? I am now terrified that I will go out and shoot today and when I go to download THOSE photos, the same could happen before I have the chance to back them up.

To be on the safe side - don't use that card. Maybe buy another one if you can. I don't know what that means but I wouldn't want to take a chance that the card is bad.

Just a thought FWIW. When you downloaded from the card to the computer, how did you do it?. Did you copy the files from the card to the computer, or did you move them. If you moved them, then maybe that is why they do not appear on the card any longer - don't know really - just putting out some possibilities. Have you tried recovery software with the card to see if the images are still there - somewhere? Regardless, I would definitely purchase another card or two - I always have a back up or two.

I purchased a new card yesterday just to be safe.

$Parchman1.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back