Change to forum Firearms policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
The moderation team (including some admins) have been discussing this topic for a little while now. We got several messages from people about it, along with the usual in-thread discussions. The decision to make guns a "hot topic" was because of arguments that broke out over various gun issues. It was not just some arbitrary decision based on one or two incidents, but stemming from what appeared to be a very predictable negative result from gun threads. The decision to reevaluate that rule and repeal it was based on seeing a renewed interest in gun photography, and the hopes that the discussion on those photos will stay purely academic and not venture into politics.
I have a crazy idea. How about just banning arguments, period. It's not about guns, or politics etc, some people just live to argue.

Do not!

Hahahaha....

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread and the recent thread with gun images reminded me of this quote.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." - Rick Warren

Banning photos of guns because some people don't like them essentially breeds intolerance towards those that own guns.

I personally find it crazy that the forum would allow Nudes/NSFW photos but not photos of guns. I don't want to see nude/NSFW images so I don't look at those threads, why can't it people that don't want to see gun photos choose not to look at the threads with gun photos.

I find most HDR images to be offensive to the eye, but I don't ask for those to be banned.

Well friggin said!

Hmmmmmm..............while I've not posted images of firearms and had no plans to do so I don't wish to participate in such an arbitrarily restrictive atmosphere. Please delete my account as soon as possible.

Good day to those I've interacted with and best wishes to you.

Can't say that I blame you, I actually thought this thread was a joke when I first read it. Between this and the photo competition cluster, I probably won't be far behind you. But to be honest, like driving past a traffic accident, I kinda want to stay a while and watch the toilet flush.

I have an idea, post your gun pictures in the photo competition thread, the mods never look look in there. :p:lol:

So what it basically boils down to then is this: In the TPF open galleries you have the right to bear arms but aren't allowed to bare your breasts. Interesting.

So what it basically boils down to then is this: In the TPF open galleries you have the right to bear arms but aren't allowed to bare your breasts. Interesting.

Wow, never thought of it like that. I'm thinking good point.....until someone comes up with something better. I certainly should be allowed to bare my bear boobs openly.

"And I'm thinking the rails are over there somewhere. Nope, not sure what happened to be honest. One minute we were sailing along fine, next minute, we jumped the track. Yup, completely left the rails. Yup.. the cars are still tumbling end over end - as a matter of fact where heading right toward the edge of a really nasty cliff. Yup.. most likely be plummeting to our doom any second now. Oh.. wait. Got another call. Going to have to put you on hold. "

that is a policy that comes directly from the site owners.
they want a somewhat "family friendly" environment.
we DO allow those sorts of NSFW photos in the subscribers gallery.
as well as allowing NSFW pictures, the subscribers section is also less moderated for speech, so you can pretty much say whatever you want. (with the exception to very extreme ends, and threats, obviously)
Its worth checking out.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread and the recent thread with gun images reminded me of this quote.

"Our culture has accepted two huge lies. The first is that if you disagree with someone’s lifestyle, you must fear or hate them. The second is that to love someone means you agree with everything they believe or do. Both are nonsense. You don’t have to compromise convictions to be compassionate." - Rick Warren

Banning photos of guns because some people don't like them essentially breeds intolerance towards those that own guns.

I personally find it crazy that the forum would allow Nudes/NSFW photos but not photos of guns. I don't want to see nude/NSFW images so I don't look at those threads, why can't it people that don't want to see gun photos choose not to look at the threads with gun photos.

I find most HDR images to be offensive to the eye, but I don't ask for those to be banned.

Well said!!! I couldn't agree more. To be honest, when I read the recent posts about no gun pictures, I felt like I would have to hide part of my life, which I am not willing to do, or risk being 2nd class. I know I haven't been here too long or contributed that much yet so my leaving wouldn't really matter much to the forum, but I started looking for other photo forums yesterday because of this. I'm glad to see the mods are easing up on this.

I agree with not banning HDR photos. They should just be banished to that little back room behind the NSFW section, where some of the members wanted to put the gun photos.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back