Chasing waterfalls in New England

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We’ve had a very strange fall here in New England. Pretty color up in the mountains never really made it down to the middle and southern parts of the region. Lots of brown and green around! Fortunately, all the rain over the summer has really set the waterfalls to running much more than they normally do during fall. Spent a lot of time the past few weekends exploring trails and state parks looking for new waterfalls to shoot. Here are a few of my favorites. I don’t think I’ve shared any of these on here before but if I did, I’ll blame it the recent time change! There’s a lot here so I’ve numbered them for reference if anyone cares to offer a comment or suggestion for improvement. Thanks for looking.

Chasing waterfalls in CT by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Local color by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Fall 2021 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Beautiful set! Many favorites but I'm in love with 6

Gorgeous set. #7 for me for the lighting and colors in the background.

Very good set, number two and seven for me.......
Thanks Jeff, appreciate the feedback!
Wonderful set! Fall waterfalls falling in Fall...
Thanks! So nice to have them running this season. Usually around here waterfalls mean slogging through spring melt and mud!

Beautiful set! Many favorites but I'm in love with 6
Thanks so much! That is one of my favorites.
Gorgeous set. #7 for me for the lighting and colors in the background.
Thanks Dean! Still going to call you Dean lol.

awesome juicy colours, especially #1, #3 and #7
Thanks. Not sure what “juicy” colors means? Maybe something gets lost in the translation.

We’ve had a very strange fall here in New England. Pretty color up in the mountains never really made it down to the middle and southern parts of the region. Lots of brown and green around! Fortunately, all the rain over the summer has really set the waterfalls to running much more than they normally do during fall. Spent a lot of time the past few weekends exploring trails and state parks looking for new waterfalls to shoot. Here are a few of my favorites. I don’t think I’ve shared any of these on here before but if I did, I’ll blame it the recent time change! There’s a lot here so I’ve numbered them for reference if anyone cares to offer a comment or suggestion for improvement. Thanks for looking.

Local color by SharonCat..., on Flickr

gorgeous.. love the last one best

nothing special ... just that they are vivid, fresh, bright ...
Ha ok thanks! Wasn’t sure the meaning in this context. Thanks very much.

Some great shots in there SquarePeg. I like the solar flare in shot one and the way the water has broken up into a whole lot of individual waterfalls. The low POV in the next couple help grab attention and overall, the colours are wonderful. It's Spring here at the bottom of the world so nice to see different colours.

Wonderful set.

They are all wonderful in their own right, but I think I'll go with #5 as my favorite. I like the balance of colors with the falls.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back