Cheap compact digital cameras with good flash capability?

Adrianw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Apologies if it isn't entirely in the spirit of the forum to be seeking a cheap camera with basic capabilities! To explain, I generally use film for more 'creative' photography, but a digital camera can of course be useful in many situations. I have a compact Kodak camera that's sometimes OK , but the trouble is I sometimes have reason to take photos of people at events I'm involved in, and the flash on my camera is poor at illuminating people, even if they are only about 6 feet away! So, I wondered if there's such a thing as a cheap basic camera that has a decent flash that will be bright enough even if subject(s) are 20+ feet away? I might only use it every two months or so, hence I'd like to minimise my expenditure.

Apologies if it isn't entirely in the spirit of the forum to be seeking a cheap camera with basic capabilities! To explain, I generally use film for more 'creative' photography, but a digital camera can of course be useful in many situations. I have a compact Kodak camera that's sometimes OK , but the trouble is I sometimes have reason to take photos of people at events I'm involved in, and the flash on my camera is poor at illuminating people, even if they are only about 6 feet away! So, I wondered if there's such a thing as a cheap basic camera that has a decent flash that will be bright enough even if subject(s) are 20+ feet away? I might only use it every two months or so, hence I'd like to minimise my expenditure.

Is there a hot shoe on your current camera?

What you need is an entry level dSLR with a kit normal zoom and shoe mounted flash. This will give you the tool you need to do the job. Something like a Nikon d3400 with 18-55 kit zoom and a Nikon sb500 or sb700 flash. Not cheap but will do what you need it to do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back