Chickadees in action (Second Attempt...)

True_Shot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, so this is my second attempt at taking a picture of a chickadee taking flight. I have taken all the advice giving to me (lowered shutter speed/ISO, stopped down aperture), but I still don't think the quality up to par yet... Let me know what you think...

IMG_2594.jpg

f/8
1/1000sec
ISO-800
250mm (55-250mm lens)
Sub. Distance- 5.5m

Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Do you have a chickadee farm!?! Lol jk I'm on the iPhone once I open the laptop I'll compare thepics from the old thread to this one and see how they go ;)

OP
T

True_Shot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Do you have a chickadee farm!?! Lol jk I'm on the iPhone once I open the laptop I'll compare thepics from the old thread to this one and see how they go ;)
LOL That actually made me laugh out loud...for real :p. And thanks that would mean a lot :)

WesternGuy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Nice shot, the only comment I would have is that it looks like it was shot "looking up" at the bird and from the angle you have, you can really only see one wing and a bit of the other. If you are going to continue at this (good project), you might try and get both wings in the picture and maybe up the shutter speed a bit, this one is a bit fuzzy around the tail feathers - yes I know, you would think that 1/1000 would do it, but it is still a bit fuzzy. I am looking forward to your future efforts.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

OP
T

True_Shot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Nice shot, the only comment I would have is that it looks like it was shot "looking up" at the bird and from the angle you have, you can really only see one wing and a bit of the other. If you are going to continue at this (good project), you might try and get both wings in the picture and maybe up the shutter speed a bit, this one is a bit fuzzy around the tail feathers - yes I know, you would think that 1/1000 would do it, but it is still a bit fuzzy. I am looking forward to your future efforts.

Cheers,

WesternGuy
Thanks for the C&C! I was shooting at 1/2000sec the other day, but everyone on the forum told me to go slower so I'm confused now....lol

Most reactions

New Topics