Children's portraits for C&C

bartystewart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,

Working with a few new concepts here. What do you guys think? Most everything was shot with a 24-70 or 70-200 on a D3 or D3s.

Lighting done with a 900 and a few 600s.

Feel free to be harsh and rip me apart :) I can take it.

Thanks,
Dan

%20%20%2813%20of%2013%29.jpg

%20%20%285%20of%2013%29.jpg

%20%20%283%20of%2013%29.jpg

%20%20%2810%20of%2013%29.jpg

%281%20of%206%29.jpg

_DSC9637.jpg

_DSC9491.jpg

_DAN1726.jpg

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:
I like them all. I think that they show a high level of creativity. #1 I might have shot a little lower but that's just my personal preference.

Now, #7, wow what a powerful image that is! Great job! I only hope that he/she (sorry can't tell with the hat on :blushing:) didn't actually lose someone in one of these current wars. Maybe clean up the highlight on the right side of the chin. I keep thinking it is a drip of mustard or something......

Excellent images overall!

Travis

Nice set. I really like 3,5 and 7, but number 7 is definitely a special shot. The subject matter makes it that much more powerful. Are those actual tears that I'm seeing? Sad.

Now, #7,.... Maybe clean up the highlight on the right side of the chin. I keep thinking it is a drip of mustard or something......

Travis
when I view it large on my screen it looks like tear. One on the left cheek in the light and one on the right side of the chin. :(

#6 is a magazine shot, the expression shows sadness and anger, the tears make it believable and the oversize fatigue belonging to the lost one is a strong statement. Lots of feeling and emotion on this shot. No comments on the technical aspects as the above overshadows it.

Last edited:
I love the drama in #6. Nothing really has to be said. the feeling and emotion are implied. Until I saw the tears. Though the tears may be real I think it makes the photo a little too blunt with it's message, and I start to feel really bad for the kid that had to take this photo. Of course the point is to feel bad for his loss but I also feel bad for him having to take this picture. I would clone out the tears.

This may not be a popular opinion I realize. This is just how the picture struck me. I think it would be more powerful with the sorrow more understated. Less is more in this case.

Technically your pictures are outstanding! I love the look in #4 very creative and lots of interest in her face captured perfectly.

when I view it large on my screen it looks like tear. One on the left cheek in the light and one on the right side of the chin. :([/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. Makes sense. I guess my eyes weren't working too well this morning.

Travis

The tears in that shot were actually fake. Luckily he didn't lose anyone in the war and this is just a concept shot. He is actually my son and the same subject as in shot 3. He is a great model and was happy to stand there for so long :)

I printed it as a 20*30 and I think the tears look great. I could see how they may seem distracting in a smaller print.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back