CHINA

just_because

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I went to China recently and had an amazing time experiencing the life style there! Here are a couple pictures that i took and i would really like to hear what you think. Good/bad,tips,advice the whole bit. ;)... the 2007 date that my camera put on the picture is wrong..:meh:

07fcdfec68ca031e8e51b4080de97426.jpg

2a3dc0f002dbb71e52968447cb68f40e.jpg

b5b4749b086bdbebd08d4a1f25f2e83b.jpg

Last edited:
You need to play around with your camera settings more. What you could benefit from is reading up on some books. If I tell u your pictures are underexposed u'll ask me what ? Then you'll need to read!!

1. I like that bridge and also the way you captured the blowing trees. That said, the lighting seems very harsh on the bridge. The bridge is blown out and has lost detail because of this. Were you shooting in mid day sun? Since it looks like you were standing in a shady location, the camera may have metered for the foreground of the image, thus overexposing the background. The focus looks off to me also.

2. This shot also looks to be overexposed and the mans white shirt is blown out. Focus or camera shake issues with this one also.

3. I like you last shot in that it is a very nice street shot, however I would have liked to see the signs and buildings in sharp focus and had only the people with motion blur.

Pick up a copy of Bryan Petersen's "Understanding Exposure" & his other book "Learning to See Creatively" to help you with learning exposure and composition. Your first two shots I would say are snapshots, the last one had potential for a photo and there is a difference between the two. ;)

Oh, okay. Cool cool, i get on that. Thanks a bunch! I haven't been taking pictures for too long but i'm pretty interested in it so thanks for the advice! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back