choosing a right camera

vitold

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi guys.

here's my question.
i used to study photography about 10 years ago. i was working with 6x6 cm and 4x5 inch formats. since then i didn't touch a professional camera.

now i am planning to get back to professional photography. i need something to start with. so i am looking for a basic, decent quality professional camera that would allow me to make wide variety of projects... product, people, interiors, etc.

unfortunately my budget at the moment is very limited and i am thinking about nikon d300

i never had a digital camera and i am wondering if d300 is suitable in my case or it is not good enough. what are the alternatives?

and if d300 is ok, what lens shoud i buy with it?

I was thinking about
AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-70MM F3.5-4.5

or
AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-85MM F3.5-5.6 ED VR II

which is more expensive

what i need is a good optical quality. features like zoom range, fast and quiet operation are not that important to me.

thank you very much for your responces!

Last edited:
It's always difficult to provide good advice without knowing more about what you intend to shoot. The D300 is a good piece of equipment and both of the zooms are decent for the money. What are your plans?

Marc

My plan is to rebuid my portfolio in the areas of product, interior and people and then to start doing commercial projects.

I think you would be good to start with a d300 and a 18-70. Thats a pretty good kit. If you throw in a 50mm 1.8 or 1.4 in there. (about 100 bucks for the 1.8) Youd be set for a good long time.

Most reactions

Back