Chris Burke has been banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stsinner

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Really unbelievable... Arch has threatened me more than once.... It's a shame we lose people like Chris who have good opinions and tips to offer... I think that Arch telling a member to take Chris' info with a pinch of salt was BS....

Why is this posted in the Welcome section?

If you have issues with mod actions, I'd suggest a PM to site admins instead of posting in this forum.

He's been banned? There were certain things Chris and I didn't agree with but I don't see why he should be banned, I never saw anything ban-worthy from him.

[Edited out the name calling. No sense in that. Sorry]

BTW, this comes from someone described as a dick. [However, I'm still a dick :)]

Arch is only one of the mods. Do you really think that communication does not exist between them? I seriously doubt a decision is made without a concensus. This is just my conclusion because I don't have a phuqueing clue what goes on behind closed doors..... nor do I care.

I have walked the razors edge before, but I have also humbly agreed to the terms that I signed on for. No big mystery.

Last edited:
lol... again, i or one of the other mods could quite easily just delete this thread (as it serves no purpose) and tell you to mind your own business, but for now i don't mind at all it being open.

So to clear up a few misconceptions, Chris earned his banning. If he was familiar with the TPF rules he would have known that this is a privately owned forum and there is no 'rights to say whatever you want regardless'... or that personal attacks are not allowed, or that arguing with a mods request is not tolerated.

He was then only on a temporary ban... just to cool off, he was welcomed to come back and continue posting after this period. But what did he do?... he through another fit, made a new account and created a personal thread about how he been so hard done to, and that i am on a high post count trip (that is just too funny).
So the temp ban gets turned to a permanent ban.... he was warned... he didn't have to go out of his way to make the situation worse, can't get much fairer than that.

Arch is only one of the mods. Do you really think that communication does not exist between them? I seriously doubt a decision is made without a concensus.

This 100% correct... the whole Chris incident was shared with the other mods, they all agreed at the action taken and would have done the same themselves.

Now to the OP, lets address the 'Threatening' shall we...

Your first infraction, given by another mod i may add, was for political commentary... which as you should know having read the TPF guidelines is against our forum rules.
Your second infraction was for inflammatory and political posts on some poor guys thread. You have made a number of other comments that have been questionable but we have let fly.

In other words we have been very lenient and allowed you to continue enjoying TPF, so making a thread about how you have been threatened doesn't look good for you. Also i hope you understand that we don't need to threaten anyone!.. if i wanted to ban you for your first offense i just would of!.... its that simple!... giving you another chance by saying 3 strikes and your out is not saying im waiting for you to screw up... its saying i am WILLING to give you another shot.

In short, if you think this is personal, people that know me know that i am fair and by the book, more importantly the site owners know this. So i don't need to justify myself to anyone, much less a member who has nearly been banned a few times himself.

Grow up, this is an internet photography forum, if you want to turn it into a battle ground for personal slander you will be kicked, not necessarily by me, maybe by one of the other mods and they won't have a problem doing it.

Im sure many of our long standing members know that this forum is in fact very mild in terms of rules in comparison to many other internet forums. We always have the best interest of growing photographers and professionals in mind.

Last edited:
1.gif
psst....who is this guy, and what was his stage name here. Never heard of em. :lol:

Having served time [the phrase is chosen with considerable care,] as a moderator on other sites, some with quite volatile general topics, I can sympathize with Arch. Deciding to take action was not a matter taken lightly.

Holy crap...he even had 2000 posts, and is a Canuck. :lol::lol:

Off to seek locked threads now.
5.gif

Thanks to all those who support the moderating team. It is greatly appreciated.

We do have to make tough calls at times...there have been occasions where members who are liked and have good things to contribute seem to believe this makes them outside of following the TPF guidelines. Political rants, openly arguing with moderators, are two of the biggest things that get members, who are otherwise in good standing here, into trouble.

Moderators are here to enforce the guidelines and keep the peace, along with various other duties. It can be upsetting to observe members ignoring the guidelines that everyone else follows. We have to let them know they are still subject to the same rules as everyone else. Either members straighten up, move along of their own accord, or else eventually they will have to face the music.

Thanks again for your understanding and support.

:violin:

I could never dream of displaying the level of patience the mods display with people like Chris on a daily basis. This was well-deserved and, quite frankly, a little slow in coming.

Anyone who feels as though the TPF mods have exercised their authority unjustly should really try moderating a forum for a while.

Having been a Mod on two forums, one photography related, one way worse. :lol: I have resigned from both positions. It is like fighting the war against cockroaches. These people who come onto the forums, with their attitudes, and idiotic behavior have nothing better to do. Sure, some have a bucket of knowledge, but they cant get around the size of their melons, and present themselves in a respectful way.
Being a mod is a non paying job, with no perks except having control of the big red ban button( It was red on the halloween forum):lmao: Always reminded me of flushing a toilet when I got to push that sucker. I think flushing the priest was my favorite:mrgreen:

I say, show respect for your fellow members, act like you would like to be treated, and the big red button wont get you.
3.gif
.......there...take that y;all. Back to my crypt...I need a nap.

Having been a Mod... ...It is like fighting the war against cockroaches.

Having been an exterminator I will vouch for the notion that fighting with cockroaches sucks. Not to mention you feel like something is in your hair for days. Hey mods, do you feel like you have something in your hair all the time? :p

But, on a serious note, did you just call me a cockroach? :playball:

Having been an exterminator I will vouch for the notion that fighting with cockroaches sucks. Not to mention you feel like something is in your hair for days. Hey mods, do you feel like you have something in your hair all the time? :p

But, on a serious note, did you just call me a cockroach? :playball:

Nah...I didnt call you a cockaroach. But I can think of a few members here, that I can. :lol::lol:

Did someone say [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGbSNf-Nfc&feature=related"]cacaroahes[/ame]? *language warning*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back