Christmas in summer C&C please

Im gonna be honest with you here and this is just my opinion so dont be offended. I dont like it very much. Part of the tree is cut off and everything else in the picture is too distracting. I dont know what i should be focusing on. Nothing really pops out for me. It just seems a little bland. Remember this is just my opinion and many others might like this pic.

I'm going to agree with K... there's potential here, but I think you missed by that >< much! I would go back and re-shoot; try a composition which includes the whole tree, but eliminates those pilings midground image right and the fence (or whatever that horizontal line is). The intense, dark blue is indeed a result of your CPOL, and is often considered a desirable attribute. Also note that the image is slightly over-exposed.

got it, ill hopefully be able to get back there soon. I was undecided on whether or not to include the pillars because i thought maybe the pillars would invoke a feeling of being at a boat dock or harbor and that usually correlates to a summer time activity so it would add to the "Christmas in Summer" theme.. but im probably getting a bit too carried away with that idea -___- haha.

The lighting is horrendous as well.

Try getting there an hour before sunset of an hour after sunrise, whichever casts light on the face of what you want to shoot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back