Christmas markets in Hamburg

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Oh yes, in Hamburg there are many more than just one Christmas market, we were there yesterday afternoon and I was surprised there was one on almost every corner and in every little square. But the best known and largest is the one on the Town Hall Square. But wait: I'll take you there as we walk on.

hh018glaskugelinspirale.jpg

A glass sphere in a spiral (showing the opposite side of the street upside down, alongside Binnenalster where the passenger ships take off)

hh023selfgnsemarktinkugeln.jpg

Self-portrait in some window decorations on Gänsemarkt, where there also was one of the many Christmas markets

hh026gnsemarktweihnachtsmarkt.jpg

hh029gnsemarktweihnachtsmarkt.jpg

Some of the things that you can buy there are really quite nice and very colourful.

hh035weihnachtsmarktmannrathausmarkt.jpg

My friend insisted we arrive at Town Hall Square by 4 in the afternoon, else we'd miss Santa's ride in his reindeer-sleigh through the sky, and we made it there just on time, if you look carefully, you can see him on the right

hh036weihnachtsmannrathausmarkt.jpg

Here he is! :D

hh052weihnachtsmarktrathausmarkt.jpg

Town Hall Square with the Town Hall in the background and the Christmas market

hh049weihnachtsmarktrathausmarkt.jpg

Closer up ... with the huge advent calendar to be seen

hh063mnckebergstraerathaus.jpg

View from Mönckebergstrasse towards Town Hall Square ... and by that time taking these kinds of photos without a tripod on me began to become really difficult. This one was taken thanks to 1600 ISO and NeatImage! ;)

LOL yep, that's Germany in December :D
I like nr 1, but with the sky up and the ground down.

Nr6 looks like a dangerous act and a bit OOF.

Great mood in nr7. I like that one. That says "Christmas in Germany" to me. Very nice :)

Very nice, I love Christmas shot #7 is my fav, the dark tones against the bright lights...very nice.

Thanks for your comments.
Once there, with dusk falling ever so fast, I did miss my tripod, though it might have been a bit cumbersome in the throngs ... it was CROWDED in most places, although it was a work day (Friday).

The third one has such vibrant colours! I love it.

The eighth picture is very nicely composed with the dynamic in the picture all working up towards the spire! Even the red canopy which could easily distract the picture works well. It's lovely, and even more so as even the sky seemed to be compliant and created this interesting background. Cool picture!

You had fun, didn't you?

like them, #7 & #1 are my faves

Glühwein, hicks

:)

will be on a Christmas market again tonight :)

Julia, the third here is also among my personal favourites from the time spent on the various Christmas markets in Hamburg. I was thinking about buying some of these candle holders, too, but did not buy a thing in the end. I am ever so broke all the time (what with all the journeys I had been on throughout the year... :roll: ).

But Alex: we did have one Glühwein, "ohne", mind. "Ohne".
I did not even FEEL that one... but was thinking that if we had had ONE Glühwein on each and every Glühwein-stand there was, we'd have been ... erm ... pretty "duhn", as we say here in the north. :drunk:

LaFoto said:
But Alex: we did have one Glühwein, "ohne", mind. "Ohne".

I m not a native speaker, I don't know that word "ohne" :p

Here in Düsseldorf we also have "Eierpunsch", which however looks, feels, and tastes like Walrus Sperm, really disgusting, so I will stick to mulled wine ;)

Ugh. Walrus Sperm... Ugh :puke-rig:

No, no, no. The Glühwein is OK for me.
"Ohne" ... i.e. without rum added to it (or amaretto, you often get the choice), just the spiced and heated red wine.

LaFoto said:
Ugh :puke-rig:

i tried it, and that was close to my reaction ... I wonder how people can actually enjoy it ...

Right, this is a total blooper-exposure (all underexposed as not to get too bright and shining lights), but you can see that this particular Glühweinhütte served everything apart from Glühwein, too (including your much dreaded Eierpunsch, and "Glühbier" and all that):

hh045glhweinhtte.jpg

But that one was way too crowded for us and we decided to go to a smaller place for our ONE (and only!) Glühwein (personally I wouldn't have minded more... ;))

I love these, Corinna! #3 is my personal favorite but I really like the feeling that you captured in all of them :)

I want one of those colored rocks in #4. Those are awesome and how cool one of those would look in my house. :) I have never seen anything like that before!!!!!

Oh sorry, I also wanted to say that these are very pretty photos. They do have that Christmas feel to them!!!!

Wonderfull puts my towns market sqaure to shame really.. but I will be posting it soon! :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back