Cleaning Lenses And Camera Optics

I use sandpaper and bleach on the rear element and i do the same for the front but i also add fiberglass insulation to get rid of the rest of the dust after the sandpaper.

You might want to borrow my sand blaster. Much faster!
I have so few lenses that one sheet of 40 grit lasts me a few sessions of shooting. Imagine the bokeh from a media blasted lens though!

The best method yet was sent to me by @Designer . A video that describes using q-tips and distilled water, whereby you used a circular motion with a damp q-tip followed by dry ones until the moisture was removed. I tried it on an old lens that was in bad shape. Within a few mins it worked like a charm. Thanks for the tip.

Here's a good video (because pictures are better than words)...

I used this method but when I turned the camera on it exploded. Did I use the wrong kind of soap?

Here's a good video (because pictures are better than words)...

I used this method but when I turned the camera on it exploded. Did I use the wrong kind of soap?

With the new sensors you're supposed to use a mixture of brake cleaner and simple green. But it also depends if you have an AA filter.

Cleaning is so gauche. When my lenses get dirty I just throw them away a buy a new ones. :allteeth:

Just buy a new lens. Who has time to clean?

Most reactions

Back