Cleaning your internal camera

I drop it off at a local camera shop that is authorized by the my manufactor

Dishwasher fine crystal setting or routine sensor cleaning myself and once a clean and adjust by Nikon

I clean my DSLR internally sitting at my desk. I generally clean the sensor and mirror. I don't see the need to send it anywhere.

I have a hard time cleaning myself especially the sensor. I wonder the procedure I did is wrong. When I clean the sensor, should I use rocket blower to blow in the mirror chamber while the sensor's curtains are opened. I think I blow the dusts on the sensor and making hard to remove the dust with sensor swabs.

I have a hard time cleaning myself especially the sensor. I wonder the procedure I did is wrong. When I clean the sensor, should I use rocket blower to blow in the mirror chamber while the sensor's curtains are opened. I think I blow the dusts on the sensor and making hard to remove the dust with sensor swabs.

Are you facing the lens mount down when you use a blower?

Are you facing the lens mount down when you use a blower?

Nope, but I'll do that next time. Thanks

I have an Arctic Butterfly and love it.

I recommend getting commercially-made swabs. I can't fathom the logic behind home-made ones.

I cleaned my sensor once that looked like a oil splash and it took 3 swabs to remove. I also cleaned the focus screen with rocket blower only and it's good as new. I See no specks on sensor or in view finder. Other then a rocket blower I don't touch the mirror at all.

I used visibledust brand that's suppose to remove dirt, organic dust and water stains, No sure if that includes oil but it was rather stubborn but in the end 3 swabs down oil spot gone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back