Cleaning your internal camera

I used visibledust brand that's suppose to remove dirt, organic dust and water stains, No sure if that includes oil but it was rather stubborn but in the end 3 swabs down oil spot gone.

If it's the green cap stuff, that's not designed for oil. The stuff in the blue cap is for oil.

Um yep it is the green and probably why I used three swabs.

I found this in Visibledust website.

"Why do you not recommend using products with a methanol base?
Products that have a methanol base should not be used for sensor cleaning for many reasons. A) Methanol is very corrosive and many deteriorate the O-ring that separates and seals the sensor from the low pass filter. B) Methanol is very hygroscopic, meaning that it readily absorbs water. If you clean with methanol the debris on your sensor may dig into the glass because the water, which usually provides a buffer, has been removed. C) Methanol based products are not travel friendly meaning you can not fly on an airplane with them."

Photosol Eclipse has methanol. Do you agree what Visibledust claims?

I just bough VisibleDust packet. According to the instruction, it says, Insert swab width according to the width of the sensor then rotate 1/4 turn inside chamber. Does it means rotate the swab 1/4 turn? I'm not sure what it means? I also have a sensor brush. It is safe to brush inside the sensor? In the manual for my 70D, it says the brush can scratches the sensor.

It means insert the swab into the camera, the swab being parallel to the long dimension of the sensor. The prevents you from touching the sides & bottom of the mirror chamber, as well as the bottom side of the mirror. Once you're close to the sensor, you turn it ¼ turn so the width of the swab now covers the short dimension of the sensor.

A normal LENS brush can scratch the sensor. A brush designed to clean sensors won't (if used properly).

Most reactions

Back