clear night at the top of the world....

megapaws

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, the top of the CN Tower anyway. These were taken during my company XMAS party on December 15th. Thanks for looking.

upon arrival
IMG_1654-rev.jpg

heading towards the main entrance
IMG_1663-rev.jpg

downtown toronto - slightly cut off due to window reflections :meh:
IMG_1676-rev.jpg

looking down on Roy Thompson Hall
IMG_1679-rev.jpg

Union Station & The Royal York Hotel
IMG_1780-rev.jpg

looking north west from the Space Pod
IMG_1785-rev.jpg

glass floor
IMG_1773-rev.jpg

Nice images. I haven't been up the tower since sometime in the early 80's thanks for refreshing my memory. Great place to have a christmas party!!

That view through the glass bottom of this tower gives me vertigo any time I see a photo taken through it (and I ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY know that view from no where else but TPF :biggrin: ).

And I see that also in Canada the Christmas lights are very colourful. No wonder that English lady with whom I'd been to the Christmas markets in Bremen and Hamburg, respectively, felt like commenting on our primarily just white lights everywhere... ;)

Wonderfully clear and sharp zoomed-in views from up there, they are so good that the bit of reflection on the glass does not distract me at all. No worries.

Does the sky look that orange, given a good cloud cover?

thanks for the comments. the venue was the major reason as to why I decided to go the the party in the first place. I've always enjoyed the view from the top of the tower, but this was my first time up there at night... it was breathtaking for sure

Corinna, the sky really was quite orange due to the majority of the city street lights giving off an orange hue. The only ps'ing I did was in adjusting the hilights and some sharpening.

Right on Paws... Love these shots of the big schmoke. I have not been up there since they took my one arm for payment for that elevator ride to the top. Love the exposures on these. Nicely done.:thumbup: :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback Chiller... and I'm very sorry to hear about your arm... but it seems as though they've done a great repair job cuz I didn't notice a thing at the Toronto TPF meetup :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Suzanne

Great series! I like 'em all, each photo with its own "personality!" I'm envious. Thanks for sharing.

Nice photos! In those city shots Toronto looks like a scene out of Bladerunner. Very futuristic.

wow... thanks for the comments everyone. Spacenut, it's a mere 8 hours and 42 minutes (according to mapquest) from your hometown to mine... and then for a mere $25.99 CDN plus taxes of course you too can experience the view. I was fortunate in that I didn't have to pay a cent, but really, I think that it's worth it.

Hola...gr8 captures Megapaws...
#4 is my fav...gives a Sci-Fi smell...:)

I was in Toronto for the first time last spring, what a beautiful city. And what great shots you have!

Most reactions

Back